First time out with the new Garretts GTP1350

Steve in Michigan

Apr 9, 2005
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350, Garrett Freedon Ace
Hi Everyone,

Finally got out today with the GTP 1350 and all I can say is WOW. I took my son along so he could use my other detector and he got bored after about 1 1/2 hours. I have tried many times to get him interested in detecting, but I guess its not in his blood like it is mine, but thats ok. Anyways, getting back to the GTP 1350. Its going to take some time working with it, but near the end of my 1 1/2 hours I was starting to get the hang of it. I was finding deeper finds which made me happy and I found my first silver with it too on the first day of use. I found a 1961 Rosey at 5 inches. Boy it didn't take long for that dime to tarnish either. LOL After finding more clad, I found a kids ring too. All in all, I am very happy with how this detector is working. I need to work more with it, but the pin pointing and accurracy of the reading is unbelievable. When it says 5 inches its 5 inches. When it says its a quarter, then its a quarter. One of the things I've been having a problem with is the eliptic coil. I've always used round coils and its going to take some time to get use too. If anyone has used this and has any pointers, I would love to hear them. Thanks everyone for listening. I am hoping to increase my coin collection now. LOL Take Care!

Your Friend,

Steve In Michigan

Upvote 0

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Silver on the first outing, way to go!

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Happy to hear the new detector is working out for you.
Cngrats on your first silver with it!! Cool.

My advice, get out as much as you can and work it man!!
Nothing like experience to teach you the best ways to do things!

Best of luck out there, keep the goodies coming!

Smiles!
BDoo

Johnny Cache Hunter

Oct 16, 2006
North America
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox, White's Spectra V3, Minelab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on both finding the silver and on getting your new machine.

I don't have the same Garrett model as you but I have the gti1500, which for the most part, it is similar to yours, and I just love my detector. Just like you mentioned when the detector locks onto something, it's usually right on the money. I find that to be especially true of quarters. I believe your model also provides some indication of the target size. So if it detects at a quarter, but the sizing is off, then it's usually two quarters. The only exception to this that I have noticed is the occasion situation when a clad dime will ring under the penny, but otherwise it's usually right on the mark. The Garrett's also, in my opinion, very good at pinpointing.
I think you'll be pleased. Good Luck!!!

JCH

Me

Aug 13, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre
Way ta go fellow Michigan person!

Silver isn't an easy find in most parts of this state.

Me

Ron B

May 11, 2007
Trinidad, Colorado
Hello Steve!
Congrats on both the new detector and finding your silver Rosie!

My first detector, purchased in the early 80s was a Garrett Master Hunter. It was an awesome machine. Especially after I placed an after market sound enhancer on it and converted the machine to hip mount.

Good luck!
GRB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread