First time out

Maverick29

Oct 26, 2008
Hello everyone this was really fun and my first time going out and metal detecting. this is my first metal detector(prizm 4) plus a few goodies. Found a old cheerwine can and i also found the tab off the can about 18" away from the can, an old plow blade, and a newer watch(nautica). Also dd-777 was with me and he found the besel for that watch about 20 to 30 feet away. Found what i think is a food can kinda like a potted meat can. A belt buckle and a couple nails.

Attachments

• PIC-0131.jpg
    PIC-0131.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 546
Upvote 0

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Mave, you even found more than what I did my first time out! So just great, keep searching and try to find some old places to search...

davew0710

Oct 3, 2008
Western Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
E Trac
One of the best things about detecting is that you never know what you will find. Sounds like you got the bug. Hqave fun and good huntting

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Way to go on your first time out. :thumbsup: Looks like you beat out DD-777. Maybe you can teach him to detect. ;D
Dman

burglarifyoulike

Aug 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
this hobby sure is addicting! finding lots of trash makes it all the more exciting when you find something good! keep us posted...

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great first time, I just got a prizm iv last week and have been happy with what I am finding with it. I got it just to hunt parks because my other detectors are a bit heavy, but it has already surpassed my expectations and brought me a rosie yesterday, so I think its a great machine for someone just starting out. Make sure you dig all pennies,bottle cap ring icon, because that is what the silver dime locked in at. I was expecting a zinc penny but was hoping for a ring when I dug it, bet I was elated with the 1946 dime(almost a merc)

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon
Welcome to the addiction. Best advise I have learned from everyone here is "Learn your machine."

Location, Location, Location

Good Luck!

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Over the River and thru the Woods...
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro
Your "official" first post! WELCOME to "the Family" bud! You did great today and I'm glad we had a chance to hunt together. You definitely have many more great finds coming your way - hopefully I'll get an old Cheerwine can next time out... ;D

Looking forward to getting out again soon - congrats on those great digs today... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

blklab

Jul 30, 2008
Overland Park, Kansas
Detector(s) used
White's DFX/Garrett Ace 250/Troy X2/DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Congratulations on your first time out. You did well. Welcome to our site,
you will meet alot of very nice folks here. Keep practicing and you will
be posting alot more nice things real soon. Doug (blklab) :thumbsup:

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
A very big welcome to you! Keep learning that machine......it will tell you where the better stuff is. Be prepared......you will be hooked! Congrats on your finds. :wink:

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome Mave......Not bad at all for the first time out,good time of the year to get out in the field's and wood's to learn the machine a little better,less "jungle" to go through.Congrat's and HH!! :thumbsup:

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Over the River and thru the Woods...
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro

Attachments

• canspart111.jpg
    canspart111.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 417

dirt diva

Jul 4, 2008
ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
CZ 7 pro quick silver CZ 70 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every day detecting is a joy,No finds or good finds.Its the hunt that counts.The peaceful alone time and also
buddy sharing times, :thumbsup:

Wicked Wanda

Feb 29, 2008
Apple Valley, CA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Ace 250 , & Pro Pointer
You got the bug, you got the bug!!! Way to go and keep it up,the more you swing the more it will ring, or beep or.....WTG!!! :thumbsup:

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You can really get addicted to this hobby. Be Careful. Love the finds, good luck, and go for it.

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL. That's pretty much everyones first time out takes.

Look at it this way. You cleaned up a little piece of mother Earth today.

MrBling

Aug 12, 2008
North Florida
Detector(s) used
White's Surfmaster PI/Garrett Ace 250
You have found the first of many potted meat/vienna sausage cans
Those darn things are everywhere-I can't believe I ate that stuff when I was a kid
Nasty! :snorting:
Welcome to the hobby

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
the crusty iron belt buckle is called a relic --not junk --

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread