First Time Out

capt1989

Jan 16, 2009
Arkansas, by way of Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Teknetics Gamma 6000, DetectorPro PiratePro, Fisher F-75 LTD2, Berkut-5 (a russian detector) and a good ole original Garrett Propointer that is still going strong.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Guys and Gals,

I had the opportunity to try the new Bounty Hunter today when we stopped to take on fuel in Van Buren, Arkansas. There is a field next to the dock that I knew was full of old wires and bits of metal and iron from years of being used as a fleeting area but I figured what the heck. At least I got to get off the boat for a little while and pretend like I was not at work. I had very little hope of finding anything of value in such conditions, it was more of a therapeudic type of thing.

Maybe I 'm wrong because of my inexperience, but I think that under these particular circumstances I did pretty good. With huge pieces of steel and metal all around I was still able to pick up 2 stainless steel hex nuts, 1 brass washer (we use a lot of brass bits and pieces in this industry), both copper ends of an old 30 amp fuse,(one fell in the river when showing a tankerman the finds), and the greatest find is what I believe to be the lost key to the missing treasure chest of Ali-Babba of Arkansas. Now if I can just find that chest.... ;D

While none of these targets gave the same tone with every sweep, they were the most consistently repeating tones and the only ones I dug. The only exception was a aluminum can at about 8 inches depth that rang loud and proper with every pass. The auto-notch feature on this detector works great IMHO. That is all I used today. I played for about an hour and a half and then went back on the boat for my afternoon nap in preparation for the night watch.

Comments and advice are welcome and thanks for looking!

john

Attachments

• first finds (2).jpg
    first finds (2).jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 406
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread