031806.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 186
Upvote 0

Waco Kid

Apr 21, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Way to go, fellow Ace user! At least you found something. I'm a newbie too. I think it can only get better from here!

OP
OP
catfishterry

catfishterry

Jan 22, 2006
Troy Il.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 and Vibra probe
I used to have relitives in Carrolton and used to go to Winchester all the time.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice start...It can only get better,Do some research on your off-time and you'll be amazed what's out there.HH!! and welcome.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first hunt!!!! It gets better and better!

;)

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first hunt and finds, it will get better! HH, Mike

Ray-King

Hiya Catfish,
Well done on your first finds.!!! Keep it up. It WILL get better, TRUST me.!! I've only had my ACE250 for about 4 or 5 weeks now and my finds are POURING in.
3 Silver rings and one cheapie toe ring,
about ?30 in spendable change and Loads of other coins too.
Also just found some old Spanish Civil war bullets too.
So don't think that you're machine can't find anything good, because IT CAN & IT WILL soon enough.
Keep going for it and the stuff will come.!!!
Anyway Congrats on your first hunt and may you have many many more successfull ones too.
All the best wishes and happy hunting to ya.
Ray King.
P.S.
Just a little tip i got from from some nice people on this Forum, The Ace250 DOESN'T like Salty WET SAND. But loves Dry sand which is where i've been getting ALL my finds from. Hope this helps.??
TTFN

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
CATFISH, Everyone Us Started Out Someplace. Best Of Luck & Good Hunting. trk5capt...

Attachments

• JOHNS DETECTING PICS 174.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 174.gif
    5.2 KB · Views: 171

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
catfishterry said:
I finally got to get out a little bit today with new ACE 250 for my first official hunt. All I got was a 1998 quarter and some chunk of copper and a chunk om metal that registered as silver but is all rusted.
From humble beginnings............ ;D

1liquigirl

Jun 13, 2005
Bellefonte, PA
Catfish, it may have bits of silver in it, then again, it may not. I found a nugget in my back yard that registed low grade silver with my 250, and it looked to have been burned in a fire. I didn't know what it was. A piece chopped off in the vacuum when I was cleaning and it's interior was real shiny. I took it to a jeweler to run the acid test on it, it came back as a possibility for silver, the burn test, proved otherwise. The jeweler thinks it was tin. Check out my thread in the What Is It? catagory, then look for my post entitled, Is It Silver? There are alot of different options for home testing on there that you can do to see if it's silver, or something else. Hope that helps, and happy hunting, it all gets better from here. The Ace 250 rules!!!!

OP
OP
catfishterry

catfishterry

Jan 22, 2006
Troy Il.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 and Vibra probe
The piece itself looks to be a real old chain link.

Attachments

• P1010048.jpg
    P1010048.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 160

1liquigirl

Jun 13, 2005
Bellefonte, PA
Could be anything from the looks of it. Just suggesting you try a few of the options listed on the Is It Silver? forum to find out what it's made of. Good luck!

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guy, the finds will come, I too have an ACE 250 and if you look at my post today
Ghost town finds in ohio sleigh bell and mercury dime. All the items pictured were found
my ACE 250 and sunray probe.

This is a great machine and I have been going back to all my old sites and hunting them
again.

I also bought a SunRay Probe for it and this probe really helps in pinpointing your finds.

Keep hunting, this is not a toy it is a FINE METAL DETECTOR!

HH, Ringfinder

OP
OP
catfishterry

catfishterry

Jan 22, 2006
Troy Il.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 and Vibra probe
I am thinking about getting my grandson a 250 so he can help me out, he has a cheap one from toys r us but it does work on surface to just under the grass items.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread