First timer---- Frustrating :)

Consealed

Oct 26, 2007
Monoray, CA
Detector(s) used
Acer 250
Hey guys Its my first time I got a ace 250... Its very frustrating not finding anything.... I dunno if the problem is Im using my yard to train in or what....iTs built in the 70's But I thought with kids living in it for several years I could atleast find a damn penny :) but nothing

I get ridings then I dig and the readings dissappear but nothing is ever found.... Then Ill get the same reading says coins for instance... It will read a dime 6-7 times then when I dig I get nothing its very very frustrating...
Any tips you got that can help me decide where to start trainging if my yard is not good?
parks maybe? beaches?

Btw my location is in Warner robins,
I work for robins AFB, ex air force go figure :D

doobie

Aug 8, 2005
macon ga.
:) For those having trouble and frustrated at pin pointing, they will have to perform a little stunt called detuning. This is a simple process of pinpointing as described in the DVD and manual then letting up on the pinpoint then pressing again until the target size seems to shrink. After centering the target you slowly pull the coil back toward you. It will usually be found at the very front between the first and second ring of the coil, sometimes. Or it may be off by an inch or two to the left or the right.
;D

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe you may be experiencing an issue with deep rusty nails. On a Garrett machine and many others, a small oxidized nail that is almost totally rusted through will give off a ghost signal very similar to silver. This may explain why you are seeing a dime indication showing on your meter.

I would suggest that you take your Ace to an Elementary School playground on the weekend or after hours and start hunting there around the playground equipment. You will find lots of targets there and it will give you a chance to learn your detector well. I do that with all my new detectors and I have 18 years of hunting experience. It is just a really good place to learn your detector. While you are there, dig everything that you get a signal on no matter what that meter says and you will learn quickly what your Ace does when it encounters things that give possible coin readings but are not really coins.

On the really good side of schools, one school I hunted turned out to be on top of an old Revolutionary War camp. I discovered this when I expected to dig new coins and ended up digging Revolutionary War buttons and artifacts most of the afternoon along with the normal playground items.

Try the schools for a couple of days, you will take home some coins and possibly some jewelry and you will learn a good bit about your detector.

Take care and good luck.

DaChief!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread