first try at CRH

scavenger

Oct 21, 2004
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre (Soon to be teknetics T2SE)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
stopped by my bank and asked for halves, says they aint got none, asked for big dollars, says they aint got none, asked for customer rolled quarters or dimes, says they aint got none so I buy 2 boxes of pennies to drown my sorrow, managed 9 wheats is all, 4 '44s a few in the 50s too only one real early a '39 not worth the trouble if you ask me, need to find some seelver ;D

Upvote 0

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver isn't only in customer rolls, just get some dime rolls and you may get lucky. :thumbsup:

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Helps to stop at every bank withing 100 miles and ask for halves. 1 in 5 have a few more often than not.

FunWithTreasure

Oct 12, 2008
Ya but you sure can find alot of nice errors for your collection in the pennies..Just have to examine every one. I use a 10X loop and examine every coin I get my hands on..Recently got 48 Bucks for the 2008 Alaska quarter I found in a roll that had a extra hand on the bear

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another option for the silver hunt is to search boxes of nickels for the war nicks. I just searched a box today and snagged two (43P and 44P).

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
for ahlfs you gotta hit lots of banks....on my first go around of the banks in my area the ratio was like 7 banks before i found any halfs.....now on the 2nd go around it has increased to almost 10 banks before finding any....don't know what the number is for banks that had any silver ones

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions