southern NJ/southeast VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3 boxes today

#1- Nice Brinks box, a '58 Ben, 3'64's and 26 40% and one Costa Rican 100 coin
#2 el skunko CWI
#3 10 40%

I was quite happy.

On a side note, some tellers are just plain dishonest. I was dumping at the coin machine and when I went to grab the junk off the magnet she says to me "You can't do that."
"Why not? You guys just toss it all in the trash."
"Oh, no. We have to send it back to the country it came from. We put it in a bag and then send it back."
"Yeah, right. OK."
I let it go at that since I rarely deal with this teller. Fortunately. I've had trouble with her before( http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,142957.msg1020175.html#msg1020175 ).
But next time she tries this I'm nailing her. I've already confirmed with my brother, who works at the same bank in a different branch, that they just throw it all away. I also asked at yet another branch I dump at. Same answer there.
I have run into a bank or two that when I ask about foreign coin, they tell me that they collect it for a teller there. And I'm cool with that.
Some of these people think we're stupid, I guess.

Upvote 0

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score! :thumbsup:

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
i have one teller that is very cool....when he comes to change bags he hands me whatever he finds in the reject bin, the magnet or on the floor under the machine....he gave me my first siver quarter...a 1962....needless to say that is my favorite dump bank

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
Those are some VERY nice boxes! Grats!

And the whole sending the change back is literally laughable.

Save up a box of it worth like 50 dollars US... then go to your giant wheel of foreign banks... spin it... and find one random bank from each country that you have currency from... then ship out like 12 different packages... spending more on shipping than the contents are worth...

Yea... makes sense...

~Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread