First try at detecting-Indian Plains Wars button

Wilderness medic

Dec 1, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First try at detecting- Civil war button?

Took my new detector out to try and figure it out. After spending the first 30 minutes finding my own watch things started going smoother. I could figure out why the dirt in my hand was beeping but not when I set it down lol!! :notworthy:

I hiked a few miles back in the Carr fire burn area thinking I would get to new ground. Nope. Everything had dig marks. Out of boredom I swung over someone’s old dig. Bing. Figured it was just another square nail they dug and left but I pushed some dirt aside anyway. Hmm... looks like they gave up because of a tree root. Lucky me, it looks like I found a civil war era button they gave up on!

Other than that no gold. Just square nails and bullets.

Can anyone identify this button further? Pics online are pretty blurry

D2A16875-B3AA-4912-B1FA-55178B11E206.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like a nice union general service button. Should say scoville button co on the back and/or Waterbury... from my experience anyway

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great relics great location you got it all Welldone

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
also welcome from MI. Tommy

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet find, congratulations! :occasion14:

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job!

Your story reminds me of a guy who volunteered to help us dig on the battlefield. He was using a brand new yellow Ace something and kept getting tones but never could find anything. So after getting up and down a dozen times or so he asked me to help.... Long story made short, he was wearing steel toed boots. Don't do that.

IowaRelic

Jul 29, 2018
Alabama from Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer
Teknetics T2 SE
Teknetics Omega 8000 V4
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good job!

Your story reminds me of a guy who volunteered to help us dig on the battlefield. He was using a brand new yellow Ace something and kept getting tones but never could find anything. So after getting up and down a dozen times or so he asked me to help.... Long story made short, he was wearing steel toed boots. Don't do that.
Oh my god if I could like that a thousand times!!!! I’ve done it!!! The funniest thing ever was my father in law and I both detecting for the first time, me wearing steel toe boots and him with a ring on, couldn’t figure out what was wrong....like stooges man

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread