First two hunts with my new toy, best silver day ever

keverett

Feb 9, 2009
The NO town, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac w/ Sunray X-1 Pro Coil and 10x12 SEF, Tesoro LST
Last week I pulled the trigger on a new E-trac. I got a great deal and couldn't resist (many thanks to 4-H....best dealer I've ever worked with!!!). I spent this weekend trying to familiarize myself with the machine and the different tweaks that are available. Saturday I had my best silver day ever! I managed to dig 4 silver dimes in about 4 hours. All 3 mercs are from the 1920's and were found at the same park, all at 7 inches +. Today I was invited to hunt in the early morning with a friend at one of his parks. I didn't get any silver today, but dug a bunch of wheat pennies. I am loving the E-trac!!! Just goes to show that it's not ALL the user behind the machine. A great machine can make even the most inexperienced of hunters seem like they know what they are doing :laughing7:. I can't wait to get more experience with the machine, and can only imagine the deep targets I've passed right over with the other machines.

Attachments

• IMG_0687.JPG
    IMG_0687.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 1,122
  • IMG_0690.JPG
    IMG_0690.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 1,119
  • IMG_0689.JPG
    IMG_0689.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 1,109
  • IMG_0691.JPG
    IMG_0691.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 1,114
Upvote 0

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice coins ... congrats ! :thumbsup:

OldNBroken

May 13, 2010
North Idaho
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, XP Deus, ETrac w/ sunray X1, SDC 2300, XTerra 705, ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice. Although I just got my 705, I am really getting tempted to order an Etrac soon.

OP
OP
keverett

keverett

Feb 9, 2009
The NO town, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac w/ Sunray X-1 Pro Coil and 10x12 SEF, Tesoro LST
OldNBroken said:
Nice. Although I just got my 705, I am really getting tempted to order an Etrac soon.

I own a X-terra 70 myself....I wont say that it's a bad metal detector, but it will not reach the depths that the E-trac will. My biggest complaint with the X-70 was that it doesn't have many accessories (no in-line probes, VERY limited coil selections, control box covers are a pain to find, no screen protectors). It is a great starter machine and is capable of finding tons of good stuff.....if you are hunting areas that haven't been pounded to death for the last 20 years by other machines. If you hunt lots or farm fields the x-70/705 would do just fine, but if you are hunting parks where many others have hunted in the past......well you can see by my post what the results are! Thanks for reading!

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Great finds!

BTW, that straight-clipped wheatie may be a rare find. Look at the straight edge under a magnifying glass, especially both ends. If the rim is turned up slightly into the clip, it may be an error coin, and the clip may have come from the original coin planchet.

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats on all the silver and also on buying the best coin machine on the market! I absolutely love mine, had it almost 2 months now and silver is piling up nicely

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice haul!!!!! MR TUFF

Drudge

Nov 19, 2007
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab: eTrac, Excalibur II, Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds but you should have included a pic of that etrac as well ;D

Top Member Reactions