First water hunt

ArkieGold

Dec 17, 2008
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II 800
I went to a local swim area this morning with Rosie, my new Excalibur II 800. Put on my wetsuit, got in and started swinging. Right off the bat I got a strong signal and scooped up what I first thought was a half dollar. Saw some weird looking stuff on it so just tossed it in my pouch thinking toy something. Went a little further and Rosie cried. Best way to describe the sound! Scooped up the 14K ladies bracelet! Cool!

Picture is as close as I can get it to come out. The "toy" turned out to be a 1990 Excalibur, Las Vegas NV, $1 game token! Wow, wonder what the odds of that are? I think it's a sign 8)

Barely scratched the surface of the swim area. Feet got numb so I left. Also not pictured were three pulltabs and some clad. Not as trashy as I thought it would be.

41322_1237677269.jpg

Upvote 0
S

seger98

I found a $1 token from the Holiday Inn from Vegas in the Colorado River last year.

72cheyenne

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
Mansfield, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's M6, White's 6000di/pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love that Excalibur $1 gaming token! WTG on your first water hunt buddy!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
ArkieGold

ArkieGold

Dec 17, 2008
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II 800
Thanks! I put the pic in my TN album so it should show up now...

72Cheyenne is gonna take some nice macro pics of the token later. Sorry that's the best I can do. :tard:

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice bracelet. Are you hunting where they have tubes floating to mark the boundaries of the swimming area??? I have a couple of buddies that dive and they say that is the best place to find the goodies. Just follow the path of the floating tubes and rake it in.

DANGLANGLEY

mcmurphi

Feb 5, 2007
Tacoma, WA
Detector(s) used
White's DFX • Fisher CZ-21
Hey way to go! Keep us posted as to your success. Were you snorkeling or tank or did you get your hookah setup?

mcmurphi

OP
OP
ArkieGold

ArkieGold

Dec 17, 2008
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II 800
DANGLANGLY, no floating tubes in this particular spot but thanks for the info. There are those in other places and I'll be sure to check it out!

mcmurphi, thanks, I was just wading here. No hookah yet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread