Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright thats a nice one WD !! Looks like hes still fighting. Guess that pond is gettig some big ones these days.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo-1031.JPG crystal clear and flat calm glassy conditions in 2000 feet of water !! And my friends the dolphin were there. Shot with an I-phone while leaning over the bow of the boat. If you open the image you will see teth scrapes near there tails.......those are females and thats where the males nip at them while courting.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet MR WD was happy with that one. Little change up from the normal catch for you guys !! Congrats !!

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Here are a few of the Bass I have had mounted. Excuse the dust..lol!

The first one was caught when I was about 10yrs old on the Sonic mounted by its mouth...10 3/4lbs. Evening pond fishing.. The next morning my dad took it to the taxidermist. That night we went back to the pond and on the yellow Sonic caught a 13 3/4lb. I put it back in the pond and she was caught and released at least 6 times that I know of.

IMG_2313.PNG

This one was caught on the Heddon Chugger Jr in a strip pit...I took photos, weight and measurements, had her witnessed and released back in the pit. 8 1/2lbs and she was a jumper, one of my favorite catches due to the jumping and play... she really got air time. She hit the Chugger that's in her mouth by that stump, so I trolled over and pulled it up for the mount.

IMG_2309.PNG

This one was caught in a farm pond and the Bass had been feeding on small Crappie and Blue Gill. 9lbs. Using a Heddon Tiny Torpedo. After getting weight, measurements, pics and witnessed I released her back too. I'm pretty sure I caught her again and released...There was a scar on the other side of both fish.

IMG_2306.PNG

Kace

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow.......those are definitely trophy bass. Your taxidermist is very talented !! Those are museum quality mounts !! You never forget the stories when you have the mounts !! Thanks for the post kace. Great stories and good job on those releases.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow.......those are definitely trophy bass. Your taxidermist is very talented !! Those are museum quality mounts !! You never forget the stories when you have the mounts !! Thanks for the post kace. Great stories and good job on those releases.

Thank You B Bart! I am definitely catch and release on the Bass. I do like to Crappie and Catfish fish too and have big fish fry's with Morel Mushrooms! I release all the catfish over 10-15lbs. Can't Beat That Meal though!

You've had some awesome catches yourself!

Kace

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Yesterday we went out of Huron. We ended up north and east of Cedar Point. The walleye bite and perch bite are both tough right now. We used the small spoons. Those are aggravating because the walleye get off pretty easily. We lost at least six. Three of them right at the boat which really hacks you off! It took 7 hours to get our limit. On a lighter note... I was trying to spray off the cleaning table. The wind was kicking and I ended up spraying all the guys at the next table. They turned and several were about to curse when they seen me. I just smiled and said, “Oops, sorry.” Lol!

DSCN6904_1.JPG

DSCN6905_1.JPG

DSCN6906_1.JPG

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Mr WD took one of his buddies out today. They went to the same area. The walleye were a little bigger than yesterday and they caught them quicker. Then they changed over to perch fishing. They only got 5 perch, but they were nice ones.

DSCN6962_1.JPG

DSCN6963_1.JPG

DSCN6964_1.JPG

DSCN6965_1.JPG

DSCN6966_1.JPG

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good for you WD !! Im hopeing to start sword fishing next week. Its been so long since I caught anything worthy of posting !! Finally got this new boat into fishing condition. This sword fishing is complicated and I havnt done it in a couple years..fishing in 1700 feet on the bottom is not as easy as you would think !! Wish me luck.......hopefully I wont be to rusty !! Congrats on another great catch......even if it took longer than normal you still hit the limit.

Last edited:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks.
Should be like riding a bike for you. I hope you catch some good ones and avoid the bad weather!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread