Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have heard the term "golden bone" to denote there power and speed on light tackle. That name is given to compare them with the legendary bone fish !! Quite an honor to be compared to the bone fish in terms speed,power, and stamina !!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I had to use my phone instead of my lap top all weekend. I missed a lot!

SD51 I finally got to watch and listen to your videos. That was awesome!!!

Bart & RTR, I thought it was because of my phone that I couldn't see the pics. Bart did you figure out why they didn't post at first? Nice pics. That new phone takes great photos!

Chris, I love reading the excitement you have! Your fishing fever is catching!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
It was a sad weekend. :sadsmiley: It's time to start the process of closing camp. So, this weekend we took one of the grandsons up to the lake and he helped load our golf cart on the trailer. Then we brought it home. There was no Lake Erie fishing for us. But when we got home, the rods came out and he caught a couple from the pond.

View attachment 1640120

View attachment 1640121

fish3.JPG I just missed this one jumping! ARGH!

View attachment 1640123

fish5.JPG This one was barely hooked!

View attachment 1640125

View attachment 1640126

fish8.JPG

View attachment 1640128

fish10.JPG Looky, the babies are already begging for fish food! LOL!

We have a commitment next weekend. The weekend after that is the Fall Wounded Heroes event when I will be baking cookies. I might be able to get pics from that. After that, we will be fishing a tournament. Yep! I am entered! It runs through the first week of December. It really depends on the weather and water conditions on how much I will get to fish it. Mr WD has been know to stay out from pre-dawn to midnight. Everybody on the boat has to be entered or none of the fish count. We will see.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Enjoy it while you can, fall is in the air.....which really means winter !! You'll do good in the tournament, I have a good feeling about it. You guys have the edge with mr. WDs die hard approach. Many will stay in port when he goes. This is the edge you need to get on the board WD !! Good luck and keep us posted.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a busy season also. Thursday I leave for vero beach to treasure hunt the 1715 fleet for a week. In January I'll start a 4 month fishing/diving trip in the bahamas. In the mean time we will fish more and more as sailfish season starts. Can't wait to get back to my treasure spot over there. Found a beautiful gold pocket watch 2 years ago !!

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a busy season also. Thursday I leave for vero beach to treasure hunt the 1715 fleet for a week. In January I'll start a 4 month fishing/diving trip in the bahamas. In the mean time we will fish more and more as sailfish season starts. Can't wait to get back to my treasure spot over there. Found a beautiful gold pocket watch 2 years ago !!

=========

Sorry to de-rail your thread Bart, but was curious as to if you ever got that watch cleaned and opened. If so, please post some pics as it looked neat when you found it. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will have to be drilled to open says the jeweler, so for now it remains the same. Still a beautiful piece of craftsmanship.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

4 Months ? Man, you got the life :) Need any help ?

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_5358.jpg IMG_5357.jpg IMG_5349.jpg lots of good fishing on the treasure coast, only a couple pics, but we caught quite a few.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife and I are in the incredible state of Florida for our annual two week trip to the Emerald Coast (Panhandle area at Navarre Beach).. Love this area!

I spent today with the guide I fish with every year and we first tried flyfishing for sea trout in the shallow waters and I spooked them so we moved out to a different area and site fished some redfish (15" to 20") and spooked them too so we moved out to an area that was 5' deep and started to see some bigger redfish cruising. This time I didn't spook them and was able to place a fly that looks like a shrimp right in front of them and the battle was on.

After a 40 minute fight, the guide netted this 22 Pound beauty...

Steve Deeg red1 Oct 29, 2018.JPG

Here's a close-up...

Steve Deeg red1 closeup.JPG

Ten minutes later, I saw more redfish cruising by and this beauty hit the fly...

Steve Deeg red2 take1 Oct 29, 2018.JPG

Best day ever, and the fish were released to fight another day. In Florida, redfish this size have to be released anyway, which is great because these are the ones that spawn. You Florida guys live in an incredibly beautiful place and thanks for sharing the beauty!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wd tell the kid to fix his bellybutton if he wants to model

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife and I are in the incredible state of Florida for our annual two week trip to the Emerald Coast (Panhandle area at Navarre Beach).. Love this area!

I spent today with the guide I fish with every year and we first tried flyfishing for sea trout in the shallow waters and I spooked them so we moved out to a different area and site fished some redfish (15" to 20") and spooked them too so we moved out to an area that was 5' deep and started to see some bigger redfish cruising. This time I didn't spook them and was able to place a fly that looks like a shrimp right in front of them and the battle was on.

View attachment 1647339

Here's a close-up...

View attachment 1647340

Ten minutes later, I saw more redfish cruising by and this beauty hit the fly...

View attachment 1647341

Best day ever, and the fish were released to fight another day. In Florida, redfish this size have to be released anyway, which is great because these are the ones that spawn. You Florida guys live in an incredibly beautiful place and thanks for sharing the beauty!

Wow.....its hard for me not to get fired up over that story. Ya gotta luv it. The fish, the sky, the water, it all looks perfect. Congrats SD that's a fantastic red fish. I love my home state of Florida. Fishing dreams come true down here.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other

View attachment 1647339

Here's a close-up...

View attachment 1647340

View attachment 1647341

Those are awesome! Great story also. I'd say you enjoyed your trip!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Wd tell the kid to fix his bellybutton if he wants to model

Ah, you're just jealous.

So, now that you have an ipad, maybe you'll post some pics when you go to your local fishing spots? And, uh, jeff, when you go, if you find a suitcase, don't open it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread