SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hooked a mullet the other day on a fly and what a fight! I knew that they are vegetarians and wondered why it hit a fly that looks like a baitfish until I got it to hand and saw that it must have run into the fly by accident. I wish they would eat baitfish because there's thousands of them here and boy to they like to jump. Heard they are spawning now.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Bart! Hey Bart!
Heeeyyy Bbbaaarrttt!

My grandson is on the board with this 8.44# 27.25” walleye. He was in 2nd but another kid just weighed in and bumped him down to 3rd. :BangHead: while I trying to post!

View attachment 1653106

View attachment 1653107

View attachment 1653109

View attachment 1653110

View attachment 1653111

View attachment 1653112

Needless to say he’s mad at getting bumped already but we’ve got a couple more weeks.

I new you guys would be in the mix !! Congrats for your grandson, and of coarse mr WD for making it happen for him. I'm crossing my fingers for the final results. I had a good day today too, saw 3 sail fish and caught all 3. Wooo hooo, I'm back on the water. Probably get in the water for a dive tomorrow. I did take a selfie with Capt. Dennis with our only eating fish. A nice mutton snapper that I myself caught. 20181118_145949.jpg

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I new you guys would be in the mix !! Congrats for your grandson, and of coarse mr WD for making it happen for him. I'm crossing my fingers for the final results. I had a good day today too, saw 3 sail fish and caught all 3. Wooo hooo, I'm back on the water. Probably get in the water for a dive tomorrow. I did take a selfie with Capt. Dennis with our only eating fish. A nice mutton snapper that I myself caught. View attachment 1653127

Nice one! That snapper make you guys look good! :laughing9:

I don't think there is a cure for fishing fever, is there? :tongue3: :icon_scratch::laughing7:

Heyyy Cchhrriiss!
:hello:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Here’s some more pics of tournament fishing. The first set is of the boys from last weekend. Then, I went out yesterday and caught 10-12 fish. MR Wd has a learning curve with my camera so he missed a couple. One was a big small mouth bass! And his friend had to be trained to keep the fish until after the photo! Funny story, I started off my day by slipping on the ice on the ramp and almost ended up in the lake. MR Wd was in the boat and couldn’t help. His friend was in the truck. He asked where I was and I hollered, “Down here! Help! Help!” Now I’m the laughing story all over the lake!

View attachment 1655286

View attachment 1655289

View attachment 1655292

View attachment 1655293

View attachment 1654792 That’s me with the fish.

View attachment 1654793

View attachment 1654794 4-5 pounds

7BA50FE6-342F-426A-A688-3D0709233DAA.jpeg This was the biggest one caught. He had the whole lure in his mouth!

View attachment 1654799 Made him a bloody mess! 9.6 pounds. Not big enough. Right after we got this I had one come unbuttoned about 3 feet from the boat. It was big maybe 10-12 pounds! We need 12 pounds or higher at this point. Weather doesn’t look good for next few days. We have till December 2nd. Time will tell.

Good luck with your fishing and diving, Bart!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoa......that looks way cold !! You guys are hardcore fish heads !! I like to watch the fishing shows on TV with a nice hot coffee when it's that cold. Geeez.....and I was complaining about the water being to cold at 78.4 degrees. Are those some kind of hand warmers hanging down from under your jacket ?? Man I hope you guys get that 12 pounder.....your definitely putting in the effort. Good luck, you can do it WD, were all pulling for you. Go get um, weather be damnd!!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jpeg-imag.jpg hers a nice black grouper. Had 2 custom rods built by a local rod builder, and wow are they nice !! First fish was this grouper so I'm excited to make some more drops with these new beauties. We caught some great sailfish this week too. Since these are catch and release we rarely get pics unless I boat them. Once I get a leader grab I just snatch it and break it as quickly as I can and move quickly as I can to reset. Had a nice triple header on the first day of fishing. Grandpa, son, and grandson all fighting sailfish at the same time, good memories were made that day and it may be the last sailfish for gramps, hes 79 and slowing down so it was a special moment for the family.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20181125_144253.jpg IMG_0506.jpg
20181125_160551.jpg
Just some pics from this weeks fishing.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Whoa......that looks way cold !! You guys are hardcore fish heads !! I like to watch the fishing shows on TV with a nice hot coffee when it's that cold. Geeez.....and I was complaining about the water being to cold at 78.4 degrees. Are those some kind of hand warmers hanging down from under your jacket ?? Man I hope you guys get that 12 pounder.....your definitely putting in the effort. Good luck, you can do it WD, were all pulling for you. Go get um, weather be damnd!!

Lol! Now you know why some of us think you’re flaunting your warm weather to us!

This is my handy dandy all in one hat scarf and mitt combo! Man I have so many layers I can barely move!

BF3EB714-64FF-4940-93A2-C9D1AAE942DE.jpeg

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 1654908 hers a nice black grouper. Had 2 custom rods built by a local rod builder, and wow are they nice !! First fish was this grouper so I'm excited to make some more drops with these new beauties. We caught some great sailfish this week too. Since these are catch and release we rarely get pics unless I boat them. Once I get a leader grab I just snatch it and break it as quickly as I can and move quickly as I can to reset. Had a nice triple header on the first day of fishing. Grandpa, son, and grandson all fighting sailfish at the same time, good memories were made that day and it may be the last sailfish for gramps, hes 79 and slowing down so it was a special moment for the family.

Thats cool that you get to help make those special memories with people! I know I told you before, but you have an awesome job! Nice fish! Sounds like the custom rods are good ones.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Yesterday was absolutely beautiful for this time of the year. We actually had to shed some layers for a spell. We caught over 20 fish. I reeled in most of them again, trying to get me on the board. There were only 3 trash fish, a big white bass and 2 sheep heads. I was fortunate to not reel in one of the sheep head. I hate those things! The one I did reel in, I knew it was. Starting to learn how they feel. Absolute dead weight and the one I caught was a 10 pounder. I thought my arms were going to fall off! MR Wd had us fishing fast and furious because the conditions were so good and we had the right bite. He said he was only getting pics of the big ones. There were 3 12-pound class weighed in yesterday! We put in the effort but I didn’t get the big one. Too sporty for me today and it’s supposed to blow for a couple days. Then my son and grandsons are supposed to come this weekend so I may not get another chance. The kids division is up in the 11 pound class. It is getting intense. We had 3 of the right bites in a row that didn’t stick and MR Wd was swearing big time. So here’s my big ones I caught:

Right off the bat I got this 8 pounder and we knew we were in the right area. It took the whole lure and ended up bleeding out in the live well. We had to keep it. Then I. Also got one that was n the 10 pound class. We released it.

FE83114E-74C4-4B75-A3CF-1FFE736DFA12.jpeg

368EE544-53CD-43AB-89B6-7AD402F12226.jpeg

View attachment 1655303 LOL now I have to change my avatar again!

View attachment 1655304 Thank you, Mr WD!

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bart, 001.JPG happy holidays to you & yours.:):occasion14:

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday was absolutely beautiful for this time of the year. We actually had to shed some layers for a spell. We caught over 20 fish. I reeled in most of them again, trying to get me on the board. There were only 3 trash fish, a big white bass and 2 sheep heads. I was fortunate to not reel in one of the sheep head. I hate those things! The one I did reel in, I knew it was. Starting to learn how they feel. Absolute dead weight and the one I caught was a 10 pounder. I thought my arms were going to fall off! MR Wd had us fishing fast and furious because the conditions were so good and we had the right bite. He said he was only getting pics of the big ones. There were 3 12-pound class weighed in yesterday! We put in the effort but I didn’t get the big one. Too sporty for me today and it’s supposed to blow for a couple days. Then my son and grandsons are supposed to come this weekend so I may not get another chance. The kids division is up in the 11 pound class. It is getting intense. We had 3 of the right bites in a row that didn’t stick and MR Wd was swearing big time. So here’s my big ones I caught:

Right off the bat I got this 8 pounder and we knew we were in the right area. It took the whole lure and ended up bleeding out in the live well. We had to keep it. Then I. Also got one that was n the 10 pound class. We released it.

View attachment 1655301

View attachment 1655302

View attachment 1655303 LOL now I have to change my avatar again!

View attachment 1655304 Thank you, Mr WD!

Incredible walleye fishery there WD, congrats on landing those beauties!

I'm done fishing for a while and decided to teach a fishing buddy how to build a fishing rod. He picked a 7 weight 4 piece flyrod. The blank is a cool cobalt blue. We have the reel seat bonded to the blank and should get the cork handle on this week. Fun project and when its done, we will start tying the 400 flies we need for our trout fishing trip to Wisconsin next May.

7 weight fly rod parts.jpg

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Incredible walleye fishery there WD, congrats on landing those beauties!

I'm done fishing for a while and decided to teach a fishing buddy how to build a fishing rod. He picked a 7 weight 4 piece flyrod. The blank is a cool cobalt blue. We have the reel seat bonded to the blank and should get the cork handle on this week. Fun project and when its done, we will start tying the 400 flies we need for our trout fishing trip to Wisconsin next May.

View attachment 1660164

Thanks, SD51. Looks and sounds like you are going to have plenty to do this winter!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread