Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well tamrock......sounds like the best catch yet for your daughter !! He definitely passes the fisherman's approval test with those lunker texas bass !! Cograts to him on the bass, and congrats to all of you on the engagement !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man....that's a nasty fire in that bottom pic.

SWINGER1969

May 11, 2019
Morristown,Minnesota
Detector(s) used
garrett at max, bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20131222_170441.jpg
Walleye caught in Minnesota through a hole in the frozen lake that's how we do it here.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice one swinger1969 !! That's a definite keeper. Your gonna make WD switch lakes with that post. Congrats on a real trophy fish.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a text my daughter saying we caught a catfish, a few white bass and a Drum. I had to ask, what the heck is a Drum. Anyone else ever catch this kind of fish before? I'd never herd of them ? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freshwater_drum

Attachments

• IMG951995.jpg
    IMG951995.jpg
    266.3 KB · Views: 41

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, we catch them occasionally, not on purpose. We call them sheephead and are considered trash fish here. Mr WD likes to hand over the rod to me when we catch one. He can pretty much tell right off the bat if we have one. They are dead weight to reel in and he gets a kick out of watching me wear myself out. :BangHead:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, we catch them occasionally, not on purpose. We call them sheephead and are considered trash fish here. Mr WD likes to hand over the rod to me when we catch one. He can pretty much tell right off the bat if we have one. They are dead weight to reel in and he gets a kick out of watching me wear myself out. :BangHead:
Ok sheephead. I know what that is... Must be what they call em in Texas.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
They have lots of names.

The Freshwater drum is also called shepherd's pie, gray bass, Gasper goo, Gaspergou, gou, grunt, grunter, grinder, wuss fish, gooble gobble and croaker. It is commonly known as sheephead or sunfish in parts of Canada, the United Kingdom, and the United States.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a text my daughter saying we caught a catfish, a few white bass and a Drum. I had to ask, what the heck is a Drum. Anyone else ever catch this kind of fish before? I'd never herd of them ? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freshwater_drum

Huh....I had to read the link....never herd of them. Looks like what we call crokers in salt water. Nice multiple species day.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20190705_165515.jpg heres some fish from the other day. Mahi on the hook and line and hog fish on the spear skin diving.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_4146.jpg got this 18 incher today !! Check out that dorsal fin and those big ole rubber lips !! Got a nice red grouper and some more mahi.....but they filleted them before I could get pics.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think the International Game Fishing Association would consider that a catch, Worldtalker.

Or, did you shoot an otter that was eating it? With your camera I mean. Man, I have not seen a wild otter in four or five years. I don't get around like I used to though.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't think the International Game Fishing Association would consider that a catch, Worldtalker.

Or, did you shoot an otter that was eating it? With your camera I mean. Man, I have not seen a wild otter in four or five years. I don't get around like I used to though.

I've yet to see one.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
got this 18 incher today !! Check out that dorsal fin and those big ole rubber lips !! Got a nice red grouper and some more mahi.....but they filleted them before I could get pics.

Those lips remind me of Mr. Limpet. :laughing9:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Got a shot of a shad been layin around awhile.:laughing9:

GOD Bless

Chris

If those count for fish pics, then I need to go out to our beach and take some shots. The bass are always attacking at the beach and the shad get flipped up onto the sand and die.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Bart, I have been waiting for the dust to settle down, before I give a fishing report on the WFWH. The event as a whole was very good, but there is chaos within the ranks. I'm hoping it works out to be "growing pains." A lot of things came to light and well, long story short, there are a lot of us ready to walk away if it doesn't get straightened out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread