Obsessive

Apr 16, 2017
NW Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/MI-6 w/ HF/XF/LF
Tesoro Cibola / Land and Sea pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to hit "like" for every post in this thread. But instead I'll share more pics...

Here's a prize rainbow trout ... well, technically this one is a steelhead trout. They're much tastier, however this one is a native and so released.

6361338215_f519040ca5_b.jpg

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow !! That is a monster. My gosh, how beautiful can they get !! That pic is great, and would be up in the man cave for sure. Congrats Obsessive very nice fish, thanks for sharing !!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Blak bart. View attachment 1518920
These DIY boards are KILLER for striped bass.They will support a (9) hook umbrella rig at just the right trolling speed.Striped bass cant resist em:)

I got a little chuckle yesterday because of your post. I was showing my son where I posted his pics. He seen your post and in a derogatory tone, he asked, " Why do YOU have planer boards on your page?" I had to explain about it being a forum and not a page. He then proceeded to show his dad and tell him he needs some! Momma's encroaching into their cyber world now, thanks to you and this thread! :laughing7:

Also, just received a request from my two oldest grandsons to take them fishing for spring break. They want "donkey" catfish. Maybe I'll have more pics to post.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_0848.jpg just has been an epic weekend down here. 75 degrees, light north wind, and the fish are biting !!! We got yellow tail, sailfish, grouper, bar jack, black fin tuna, mahi mahi, king fish, cero mackerel, trigger fish, mangrove snapper, mutton snapper, red grouper, and im sure im forgetting something !! We caught my man scotty here his first sail fish, and his second, and his third today !! Scotty is my next project. Im turning this 11 year old into a fishing, diving, treasure hunting machine !!! This fish is in my fridge right now, and will go into the smoker for holiday enjoyment. All the other sail fish were released unharmed !! Ill post some of the other fish when the pics get sent to me.
Thanks for looking
Bart

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
"Winds from the north, do not go forth."

Looks like you proved that saying wrong! Nice fish!

Shakakka

May 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a 39lb Striped Bass I caught out of Montauk. Missed the 40lb mark by only a few ounces...

39lb-bass.jpg

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Winds from the north, do not go forth."

Looks like you proved that saying wrong! Nice fish!

Down here in the keys the saying goes " wind from the west home is best " funny how that works wrightdigger. Always different in every area !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a 39lb Striped Bass I caught out of Montauk. Missed the 40lb mark by only a few ounces...

View attachment 1520267

Whoa.... !!! Man this thread is pretty new and I can tell theres gonna be some world class stripers posted. What a lunker !! Looks like you got a couple more on the rack behind you too. Great work shakakka. Congrats on the lunker striper !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20171126_184548.jpg
20171126_184556.jpg
Trigger fish mmmmmm........good. locals eat this. 95% get thrown back. Very hard to clean because they are armor plated. Very firm white meat.

Shakakka

May 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoa.... !!! Man this thread is pretty new and I can tell theres gonna be some world class stripers posted. What a lunker !! Looks like you got a couple more on the rack behind you too. Great work shakakka. Congrats on the lunker striper !!

Thanks Bart! Yeah, I've been on a few dozen Montauk trips and caught tons of stuff: Stripers, Tuna, Cod, Fluke, etc... Also did a couple of shark tournaments and scored two makos and lots of blues. Awesome fishing up here. This bass was caught in 2008 and it's still my biggest!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im coming up next summer. I hope to fish and metal detect while im there. Let me re phrase that : im coming up to metal detect and hope to get in some fishing to !! I am fired up to get up there !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Channel catfish. I'm told they are very tasty. I haven't been hungry enough to try. They're my pond pets. They told me they love coming here because there is so much to do. So much that we all had to take a two hour nap yesterday. :sign10:

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Before & after pix. 019.JPG :) 002.JPG Panko fish fingers

Last edited:

stewielouie

May 14, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
MXT, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few nice Rockfish

Attachments

• 384083_306586576043852_1751224571_n.jpg
    384083_306586576043852_1751224571_n.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 65
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The striper is king !! Wow guys great stuff !!! RTR I guess those planer boards really work !! Panko fish fingers.....mmmmm !! Congrats stewielouie !! Looks like a limit of nice ones. What a great trip !! Thanks for posting !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo-707.JPG yellowfin tuna and mahi mahi, bahamas last spring. Cant wait to go back this spring !!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I recall cleaning channels when I was a kid
you nail their head to a stump, cut around the head, then peel the skin off with pliers
then you can gut em

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread