Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like quite an incredible lake....cant believe ive never even herd of it until you started to post. I know from your posts that you can also catch very nice redwood benches too. Lol !! 53 pound striper is some kind of monster !!! Wow !!

For the first 8 years (when we moved here) I took the boat out EVERY single day ,(rain/snow it didn't matter) sometimes twice a day.Over the years I've broken all kinds of tackle on Big fish.One monster,hit so fast & hard he yanked a brand new rod & reel out of my hands (no lie) :( One day, fishing in 12 ft. of water a Monster catfish swam under the bow that scared the crap out of me.Broken all kinds of line on big fish.Until I finally went to 90 pound braided .I know at least 1/2 of the lake bottom better than I know the road system.Yet,if I get one on over 40-45 pounds something WILL break .Snapped a pole in half one day:( Caught a hand full of something with teeth (walleye ,Muskie) dunno.Had a 6 point buck swim next to my boat once......LOVE IT :)

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Valley Center, CA/Yuma, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big Mackeral 2.jpg

Big Mackeral 2.jpg Spanish Mackerel from Cooktown, Australia. Looks and acts a lot like a Wahoo. I just discovered this thread! Great!

JB

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
zachfish.jpg catfish.JPG Here is a 12 1/2lb catfish, bluegill and a crappie my son and i caught last spring. He was pumped up. He tried to reel in the catfish but it was a little to much for him. We ate good that night

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the first 8 years (when we moved here) I took the boat out EVERY single day ,(rain/snow it didn't matter) sometimes twice a day.Over the years I've broken all kinds of tackle on Big fish.One monster,hit so fast & hard he yanked a brand new rod & reel out of my hands (no lie) :( One day, fishing in 12 ft. of water a Monster catfish swam under the bow that scared the crap out of me.Broken all kinds of line on big fish.Until I finally went to 90 pound braided .I know at least 1/2 of the lake bottom better than I know the road system.Yet,if I get one on over 40-45 pounds something WILL break .Snapped a pole in half one day:( Caught a hand full of something with teeth (walleye ,Muskie) dunno.Had a 6 point buck swim next to my boat once......LOVE IT :)
Cant wait to see what you haul in next !! Theres a lot of different species in that lake, might pull up the lochness monster in that lake. Thanks for posting RTR show us some more when you catch um !! Nice feeding frenzy video too !! Sweet !!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1531501

View attachment 1531501 Spanish Mackerel from Cooktown, Australia. Looks and acts a lot like a Wahoo. I just discovered this thread! Great!

JB

Wow !! Never seen anything like that. Looks like a cross between a wahoo and a king fish or king mackerel !! I knew it would happen soon or later, a fish ive never herd of or seen in my life. Thats very cool for me shortfinger, thanks for posting !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1531511 View attachment 1531512 Here is a 12 1/2lb catfish, bluegill and a crappie my son and i caught last spring. He was pumped up. He tried to reel in the catfish but it was a little to much for him. We ate good that night

Man......tex thats great stuff !! Your boy looks real happy out there in the pond !!
Congrats on some great fish and great memories !! Beautiful pond and surroundings too. Give that boy a high five for me !!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Biggest fish I ever caught. Wisconsin Sturgeon.
View attachment 1531527
Sidevalve45, thers nothing more than I want to do than catch a sturgeon !! Its very high on my fishing bucket list. Had a couple chances and it didnt happen for me. It will happen for me, but I've got to make that happen sooner than later. Congrats on that beaut. I love the pic reminds me of my signature pic.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_0945.jpg its the memories that count and today I got to make it happen for a father and son. No fish except a couple snappers all day. Then on the way back in I see a frigate bird diving on bait, we pull up, I cast a bait and BAM....hes on. Little pete battled the beast for an hour and 15 mins. It was an epic battle. Finally we get him up, and he had got tail wrapped and was dead when we got him up. This one also had a tag in him, which you get a reward for when you turn it in. On top of that we will mount this one for pete. Im smoking the fillets right now in the smoke house, almost done. When a fish is mounted I get a commission of 200$ from the taxidermy man !! Woo hoo !! photo-767.JPG she was all of 89 inches from tip to tip. Im guessing 55-65 pounds, bigger than average. Heres my man scotty for size comparison !! photo-766.JPG you guys see that smile on scottys face !! And he didnt even go out fishing with us. Its not the size of the fish its the size of the smile that counts !!

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey,while were talking fish.Whats up with the price of freaking oysters ?? Kroger and the like are getting $1.00 to $ 1.75 Each.Who's getting this money ? Has the cost of commercial fishing gone up that much ? Supply is there.I refuse to pay those crazy prices.Same with clams.Their going for .80 -$1.00 Ea..Shrimp prices are 'somewhat' stable.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup.....when you have a tropical christmas you tend to pile the seafood high, and all we could get was a tiny box of oysters. They were from maryland and they were great, but expensive. World wide markets are tricky, and demand can fluctuate greatly. We have had our lobster prices go from a few bucks a pound, to 20 bucks a pound and then back to a few bucks a pound. The Chinese buy so much of it that it becomes hard for local restaurants to get. The price gets driven so high that locals cant afford to buy it for there own use. The nafta agreement really hurt us local fisherman by flooding our markets with poor quality imported fish. They sell fish so cheap that we cant afford to fish, then they triple and quadruple the retail price. Buy a lobster here for 10 $ and then sell it for a hundred in bejeing. Feast or famine is what we expect. Get it while the gettin is good and then take a vacation until the buyers beg you to fish!! Its a double edged sword. Sometimes we have the upper hand and sometimes they beat us up pretty good. Last year we were drinking expensive champagne and this year we've been drinking busch beer !! Either way im fishing for a living and I thank god for the opportunity every day. Im off to go fish right now. Hopefully ill have more pics to post. Man I cant wait to take a break and go find some more treasure coins !!! Got to tuff it out till the 4th till I can treasure hunt !!
See ya later guys.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Bart good luck out there

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
62775_1439396072670_5493279_n.jpg Another Lake Erie Walleye.....10 pounder8-)

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice 'eye, cooper1841! We're you in the western basin?

Charter trip out of Welland Ont. combined a day of fishing with a Niagra Falls trip, awesome charter, four of us limited out in 2 hours!

Last edited:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Charter trip out of Welland Ont. combined a day of fishing with a Niagra Falls trip, awesome charter, four of us limited out in 2 hours!

Ah, the east end of the pond. Sounds like you had a day of "catching" not "fishing." That's how we say it when it's fast and furious like that. Good times!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread