Fisher 11" DD coil on my Bounty Hunters - FINALLY got to try it out!

turtlefoot13

Aug 23, 2009
The Ozarks, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fisher 11" DD coil on my Bounty Hunters - FINALLY got to try it out!

I got my Fisher F4 11" DD coil a couple of weeks ago and I finally got out yesterday to play with it a bit. I went to some property behind my house that I have open permission to hunt for about an hour.

I decided to hit an area that had been recently cleared first. I knew it would there would be a lot of smaller iron objects there. It did a VERY good job on picking up small items. I was finding fence staples, wire and even VERY small nails. I know that most of you wouldn't be happy with that but I am a relic hunter and I was just curious as to how it would do with small ferrous items. Plenty of old tin cans and bottle caps too.

I then hit a small seasonal creek bed and immediately found four D-Rings in one hole. From help from others, I am guessing that they were attached to something leather and the leather completely rotted away just leaving the iron. I also found a folded up Mennen Lather Shave tube from the 1930's-1940's at least 8" deep. It was a very solid signal.

I was just curious as to how it would do on coins so I did a very simple and probably not too good test. I took a 1964 silver dime and shoved it, on edge, as deep as I could in some moss with soft soil under it. I was able to get it down about 2 inches. I got a good signal in every direction that I swung the coil.

I tried it on both my Tracker IV (that is new enough to have a Tecknetics arm cuff on it) and on my older Fast Tracker and it seemed to give a stronger, more solid, signal with the Fast Tracker. I don't completely understand that since they both have the same basic detecting circuitry. The Tracker IV seems to like the 4" coil better though...go figure.

When I get a chance to get out to a couple of spots that I am wanting to hit, I will let everyone know how it goes. I will also take it to a tot lot or park just to see how it does in the "real world" with coinshooting.

HH,
Doug

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Fisher 11" DD coil on my Bounty Hunters - FINALLY got to try it out!

Im amazed the coil even works on it...lol

whitewill_1

Jan 5, 2013
Pittsburgh PA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, Whites TDI, FISHER F2, BOUNTY HUNTER JUNIOR, WHITES COINMASTER 6000Di S2, Garrett ProPointer, FISHER PINPOINTER, SUNJOE HORI HORI DIGGER
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did you have an adapter to use F2 coils with bounty hunters? I am looking for on of those.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions