tracker IV

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got a tracker IV and I like it quite a bit. It's not as deep as I would have hoped (I'm currently air testing a quarter at a little over 5"). But the discrimination is nice and pretty easy to use. The two tone discrimination really helps you zero in on what the target is. I tested a bunch of different types of targets and made a little chart that I taped to the unit. It shows the ranges where each type of metal goes from the low tone to the high tone. What you are looking for is the spot where you actually get both tones. At this point you can look at the chart and it shows you what type of metal you are dealing with. So I usually search in all metal mode and then switch to tone discrimination once I've found something. I've actually gotten pretty good with it. It's not bad for an $88 detector!

Enjoy your new detector. It's a really good one for the money!

OP
OP
redneck13126

redneck13126

Oct 25, 2009
boonville ny
Detector(s) used
Fisher f19, Fisher F4, tracker IV, new whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the info and yeah i hunt all metal then switch to tonee also i tested it out last night at like mid night i was stoked to get a better machine

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you tried air testing a US quarter yet? I'd be interested in hearing what kind of depth you are getting on one.

OP
OP
redneck13126

redneck13126

Oct 25, 2009
boonville ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i dident do an air test but did dig one at about 5 in tonight also found a penny at like 6 with 6 in of snow on the ground i love the thing

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The reason why I ask is because I really thought that mine used to air test deeper than 5" on a quarter. I took it to the beach at the end of last year to detect in the salt water. It hasn't been the same ever since. So I thought I'd compare with yours since it is new.

Anyway, I've definitely found things that were over 6" deep before. It is a very easy machine to use and does a very nice job for the money. Enjoy your new machine!

OP
OP
redneck13126

redneck13126

Oct 25, 2009
boonville ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks i love it

Top Member Reactions