Fisher 1280X off to the shop

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Hey,
Have to pack up my 1280X to send in for a calibration, coil balance and a possible adjustment on the internal ground balance potentiometer(POT).
The POT is an internal component that is set at the factory, I just found out that it can be adjusted. You can do it yourself and tech support will tell you how, but it voids your warranty if you still have one. I have the lifetime warranty so I will gladly pack it and ship it.
I called Fisher to discuss the POT, and after explaining the settings I have been able to attain, they said the machine can do better, send it in.
Tech support was very helpful, and customer service actually e-mailed me before they opened and said they got my request and said I should call asap to get the ball rolling during their normal operating hours. So far so good. I'll keep you posted.
Glenn

Attachments

• 1280X.jpg
    1280X.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 387

RuffandTuff

Nov 24, 2005
Re: Fisher 1280X off to the shop.

Please let me know if you are satisfied with their service. I'm planning on buying a Fisher F-75 in March. Thanks, RuffandTuff

OP
OP
T

TreasurdiggrNY

Just a quick update, I just got a call from Fisher and they got delivery of my 1280X, it took UPS a week to deliver but UPS said it would take that long.

I asked how long the repairs would take and they said about 2 weeks if all goes well. Since it is a water machine they do a leak test first. If it leaks, that slows down the whole process but they will fix whatever is leaking. They said if it doesn't leak it goes quicker and they continue with the rest of the repairs. So far I am very pleased.

Let's hope for no leaks!!

Glenn

OP
OP
T

TreasurdiggrNY

Got a call from Fisher this evening my detector is ready WOO-HOO!!
BUT my cell phone was charging and when I got the message they were closed :'(

Have to give them a call in the morning, I will update after I speak to them.
HH
Glenn

OP
OP
T

TreasurdiggrNY

Hey All,

Just a quick update, the 1280X is on it's way back. I can't wait!! I have the tracking numbers and I am expected to get it this Saturday the 23rd via FedEx Home Delivery, signature required. It will be a total of 32 days gone.

It surprisingly needed a lot of work. It was calibrated, new seals and gaskets, coil balance checked, and all 3 control switches/ potentiometers were replaced and something on the circuit board. They included a detailed repair report for me. All covered under the lifetime warranty, only had to pay the standard $25.00 charge.

I did order a chest harness and a coil cover as well as 4 coil connector kits which are the plastic bolt/washers/nut that connects the coil to the lower rod. The harness and the coil kits were 30.00.
Glenn

OP
OP
T

TreasurdiggrNY

Got the 1280X back on Saturday and took it out. Let's just say it didn't go too well.

Called Fisher yesterday and they said to send it back again. They are paying round trip FedEx.

Glenn

OP
OP
T

TreasurdiggrNY

Jim101 said:
How are things going with the 1280? I have one also and was thinking of sending it in for some work..

Thanks,

Jim

Hey Jim,
I am supposed to get it tomorrow, they needed to put a new coil on it. If you see the posts above you'll see I sent it in and they changed out some switches, new gaskets and foam, I paid 25 bucks. When I got it back it wasn't working right so it went back and they determined it needed a new coil. No charge for this round of repairs for anything including the new coil and the shipping. I will let you know how it works when I get it back and out. I am very happy with the service and repairs even with having to send it back a second time.
Glenn

OP
OP
T

TreasurdiggrNY

Hey Everyone,
Got the 1280X back yesterday, did some air tests and it's working like new. They put a new coil on it and calibrated it, no charge for repairs or shipping. Although it was sent to Fisher twice, I couldn't be happier with the service/ repairs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread