2nd gen Tesoro Tiger Shark owner vs. lifetime warranty questions

ohiotech

Jan 4, 2007
Dayton, Ohio.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark with stock 8" and CSC
As a soon to be 2nd generation [soon to be] owner of a Tiger Shark, I wanted to know how to properly deal with sending in a detector to Tesoro in order to get use out of their lifetime warranty.

When I called them last week, the woman I spoke to told me that as long as it wasn't misuse or abuse that they would just repair it and return it to me. But without my name being on the original warranty card for when I send it in for service, how can I know that I won't be charged for a service call (should I keep the original owner's name on the return address)?

I know that they won't typically charge for tuning, and "simple stuff", but I was wanting to make sure that I went as close to the book as I could.

Thanks for any/all advice.

mark.

Apr 13, 2006
.........I've sent several detectors back to Tesoro for repair & they fix them & send them back........no questions asked.

Just put a note in the box telling the symptoms of it & send it in.
They'll just fix it & send it back.........see yaark

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Either call them or put a note in with the detector. I have a used Tiger Shark (one owner before me), I called and spoke with James. Next day I sent in the Tiger. Never charged me a dime. Great people. More companies should take care of customers the way that Tesoro does.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread