Fisher CZs Shout out your love if you feel it

marco

Sep 22, 2007
SoCal
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro
Fisher CZ's Shout out your love if you feel it

As you might see from my other recent post I have been looking for a detector with crossover capabilities....water-land and good in salt. Aside from spending $2500 on a CTX...I have seen some pretty darn convincing depth tests and reviews on the Fisher CZ series detectors. The CZ-20/21 seem very capable and deep. Is the 1280x a big step down? It's roughly half the price. Any feedback as to which CZ would best hold up as an all-around like the AT-Pro? Parks for silver as well as the beach? I am also seeing a CZ-5's and CZ-3D's used. If I decide to stick with just the wet sand and not go in the water....would either of these be a great bet or better?

I havent seen a used SovGt in the few weeks I have been looking...and I imagine the CZ fans might stick to their guns...but any opinions on a CZ vs SovGT shootout overall for beach-parks combined depth-stability? Also, I sure wouldnt mind knowing if one or the other is going to give me good tones to learn so I can avoid digging iron

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got 2 GT's and just bought a CZ-3D so I'm very new to it and still learning it. From what I've seen after attempting to use the CZ on wet salt sand yesterday, I will say the Sov would be my choice by a long shot. Imo the target audio is better on the BBS Sovereign and Excal and they are the best in the business at not wasting time digging junk iron from my experiences. I dug several dimes yesterday at 12-16" using the 13" Ultimate coil. I tried a 15" WOT for a couple of hours, but didn't really see enough difference in depth and coverage to justify the extra weight.

I will be trying the CZ more on wet sand just to to give it another chance, but my sovereign or Excal will be handy just in case! Also the CZ coils are all concentric which means you have to overlap your swings more and not as good in trashy sites.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

marco

Sep 22, 2007
SoCal
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro
Thanks....looks like you are in a learning curve. But it also looks like the SovGT is a fav. I probably spent more time considering a GT than a CZ I would just be afraid of getting it wet!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread