Fisher F-75 and Minelab Explorer SE

Whippetdog

Sep 19, 2005
Newport News, Va
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Ace 250, Vibra-Probe 560
Can anyone offer asy thoughts or comparisons on the two. Used mainly for relic hunting and occasional coin shooting. I own a an SE, but have really like what I have seen about the F-75. Sometimes I wonder if I am getting info overload from the ML. Don't get me wrong, I would never get rid of the ML, but just wondering how the F-75 is in comparison.

Thanks,
HH

Upvote 0

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
I have both the F-75 and the EX2 I am very impressed with the F-75 especially where there is a lot of trash and iron. The recovery is lightning fast and you can really move with it. It is light as a feather and you can hunt it all day with ease. At first I thought all the hype was BS but after putting a couple of hundred hours on it I find that it wasn't hype-it is a top notch detector
Drawbacks are no aftermarket coils,very sensitive (electrical interference even a cell phone) No sun ray inline probe but I solved that problem with a Detector Pro pocket Uni probe with an ear bud
It is just as deep or deeper than the SE. I do not plan to give up my EX2's but the F-75 has become my first choice in many areas and I have found coins (mercs @ 9-10 inches) that my friend went over with his SE and couldn't read. Probably because of masking and the SE couldn't recover fast enough
My deepest coin so far with the F-75 was a Barber quarter at a measured 13 inches and it read loud and clear-could have been at 6 inches the way it sounded.02

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am more impressed than I thought I'd be from playing with a F-75. I haven't learned it well yet but it would be easier for a newbie to learn I think. I wouldn't recommend it till Fisher improves their customer support services. They keep saying they are on the ball, but then why do we keep hearing horror stories?

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
I have heard great things with the F-75, But unfortunately, I am part of the horror story Sandman is referring to. My Saga has been going all summer!

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
Yes, that is a big problem about quality control. I don't know why there are so many bad ones. So far the one I have is acting as it should but I have heard of other who have had real horror stories. I think it might have been the first batch that they sent out rushing them to get to market. Time will tell on the rest. There were some problems with the T2 at first but I believe that has been taken care of. And, the F-75 is basically a T2 on steroids

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread