Fisher F2 With 11 in DD or Fisher F4?

CoinHunter4Ever

Greenie
Oct 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 11DD. Lesche Digging Tool. Garrett PRO-Pointer.Garrett AT Pro. Lesche Samspon T handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, first i would like to say i am new to the forum, and i apologize if i have the wrong section.

But here's my question, i already have a fisher f2 but i am thinking of getting another and giving my old one to the kid, so i was wondering,
Should i get another Fisher F-2 With the 11 in DD Coil or Should i get a Fisher F-4 this question really has me banging my head on the wall http://tnet.forumfoundry.com/forums/images/smilies/BangHead.gif and also is there any noticeable difference between the two? (Weight, Recovery, Depth, etc.) Any answers given would be appreciated. -Peter

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The F-4 is the better detector for a couple reasons and the most important is it has Ground Balance while the F2 does not. This means it can detect deeper in bad ground. The only thing I don't care for about it is the funny looking "fishbone" coil, but it works well. I prefer detectors without screens only because I started with them.

cz70pro

Mar 18, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also have both,and gave my f2 to my son. I love the f4,just as simple as the f2 but with more features.The notches are much more simple to set on the f4,you have two disc modes on the f4(0-disc,iron disc) and you can jump from one to the next. the pinpoint is" one touch on",you don't have to hold it down on the f4.(hitting disc brings you back to search mode) I really haven't had the need to use auto tune mode other than ground balincing the machine(this helps with making the all metal pinpoint mode better).The best part is that my son and I can swap coils.The 4" coil is deadly on coins in trashy areas,the 8" is my normal search coil,and the 11"dd coil is my go to beach and large search area coil (be prepared to be fooled by steel bottle caps with this coil when you first use it!) There are many posts on how to get better with the 11"dd,don't be afraid of it. hope this helps.

lem49

Mar 25, 2010
Repuplic of Panama
Detector(s) used
fisher cz7a pro, Tesoro Vaquero, whites coinmaster GT,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would go with the f4 because of ground balancing, but have you looked at the f5, has grab type gb and a phase readout
tells you if your soil condition changes so you can move your GB up or down.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread