Learned on Bounty Hunter Junior, then Tracker IV, and now using the Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The F2 is way better than the BH. It will pick up gold rings if it isn't disc out pull tabs as these have the same conductivity, Silver is very conductive.

OP
OP
T

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The F2 is way better than the BH. It will pick up gold rings if it isn't disc out pull tabs as these have the same conductivity, Silver is very conductive.

Okay thank you ! :)

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

OP
OP
T

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Okay thanks! I guess I'll save up for the fisher f2 then! Does it do well? Like does it pick up gold easily and other valuable items?

beth71070

Nov 3, 2013
Stokesdale NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xtera 70 and Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ive had my F2 for a little over a month now and I LOVE IT!!! especially when used with headphones it delivers a very clean sharp beep and pinpoints great! The number codes are REALLY helpful once you learn what they stand for too! :hello:

OP
OP
T

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ive had my F2 for a little over a month now and I LOVE IT!!! especially when used with headphones it delivers a very clean sharp beep and pinpoints great! The number codes are REALLY helpful once you learn what they stand for too! :hello:

That's very good to know! And okay headphones also keep battery longer as I read over the internet, and it seems like a good machine. Can you find gold, silver coins, jewelry, regular coins with it? And is the depth good on it oh and is the LCD readings on it accurate? ?

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You keep asking the same questions on several post. Do you not believe the answers you are given?

YES, it will find gold, silver, jewelry, "regular coins" and ANY other type of metal you put under the coil. Depth is pretty good, not really considered a deep seeker but in it's price range it's good YES! Screen numbers never lie! It's just an interpretation of conductivity. Don't read that wrong as saying every "81" reading will be a dime, it might very well be a piece of junk with the same conductivity. Savvy?

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually own both machines. The fisher F2 has a lot more features to help you know whats in the ground and how deep it is. Really love my F2, Great machine! You wouldn't be disappointed.

OP
OP
T

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I actually own both machines. The fisher F2 has a lot more features to help you know whats in the ground and how deep it is. Really love my F2, Great machine! You wouldn't be disappointed.

So it definetly is better than the quick silver?

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
I had a Pioneer EX, the Wally World version of the Quicksilver and exactly the same but without a headphone jack.
It was my first and using it was the most horrible and frustrating experience I have ever had in any hobby and BH should be ashamed they sell anything like this thing at this price.
I still have it...once I find a bonfire big enough or visit the Grand Canyon it will meet its death and I only hope it suffers much and slowly before its demise.

On the other hand I have used the F2 for the last 3 years along with a couple of Tesoros, but using that one we came to a complete understanding and that thing has found me over 10x's what my 2 coil package cost...a much larger chunk of that after I started to use the sniper coil over the 8".
The 10" coil is also worth its weight in gold...goes deep and is super cheap for what you get and what it can do.

Can it find clad?
It is a monster at doing that.
Silver and gold?
I have found way more than my share including a bunch of silver including chains and more than my share of gold...10 gold targets alone with the F2 in 2013.

It is considered a beginner's unit but it is far more than that.
For an intermediate hunter I don't know, it might work fine but not a ton of settings to play with so that is up to you.
If that is a concern for you and want to stay in the Fisher line skip right over the F4 which is way to close to the F2 for the money they ask and save up a bit more and go for the F5.
Knobs and tons of settings and it is a beast on coins and jewelry, too.

If you want to see what the F2 can do just look at my finds from last year.
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/2013-annual-finds/393913-2013-final-totals-can-t-complain-all.html

Except for the salesman's sample fake class ring, the 1865 2 cent coin, the Indian head, a silver pendant with a big fake rock and 2 out of the 12 gold targets the F2 found everything else.
I could have found those other targets with the F2 I am sure, but I just wasn't swinging them at the time I rolled over these targets.
Oh yea, I found $360 in clad last year.
About $340 0f that was found with the F2, also.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

treasurehunter101

Jan 14, 2014
NY AREA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had a Pioneer EX, the Wally World version of the Quicksilver and exactly the same but without a headphone jack. It was my first and using it was the most horrible and frustrating experience I have ever had in any hobby and BH should be ashamed they sell anything like this thing at this price. I still have it...once I find a bonfire big enough or visit the Grand Canyon it will meet its death and I only hope it suffers much and slowly before its demise. On the other hand I have used the F2 for the last 3 years along with a couple of Tesoros but using that one we came to a complete understanding ant that thing has found me over 10x's what my 2 coil package cost...a much larger chunk of that after I started to use the sniper coil over the 8". The 10" coil is also worth its weight in gold...goes deep and is super cheap for what you get and what it can do. Can it find clad? It is a monster at doing that. Silver and gold? I have found way more than my share including a bunch of silver including chains and more than my share of gold...10 gold targets alone in 2013. It is considered a beginner's unit but it is far more than that. For an intermediate hunter I don't know, it might work fine but not a ton of settings to play with so that is up to you. If that is a concern for you and want to stay in the Fisher line skip right over the F4 which is way to close to the F2 for the money they ask and save up a bit more and go for the F5. Knobs and tons of settings and it is a beast on coins and jewelry, too. If you want to see what the F2 can do just look at my finds from last year. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/2013-annual-finds/393913-2013-final-totals-can-t-complain-all.html Except for the salesman's sample fake class ring, the 1865 2 cent coin, the Indian head, a silver pendant with a big fake rock and 2 out of the 12 gold targets the F2 found everything else. I could have found those other targets with the F2 I am sure, but I just wasn't swinging them at the time I rolled over these targets. Oh yea, I found $360 in clad last year. About $340 0f that was found with the F2, also.

Very good to know!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread