triple x

Sep 10, 2006
North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter tracker iv/Fisher F2/Garrett Ace 350/ Garrett AT-PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have been using a bounty hunter tracker iv, looking to upgrade and the F 2 looks interesting, most of my hunting is relics and coins on old farms here in eastern NC do you guys think this machine will serve me ok? i am kinda new at this and really dont want to jump to the price of say an A/T PRO so tell me what you think. man i love this place and this hobby!!!

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one since last september, and it works great! I have the 4, 8 and 11" coils and all work awesome. I'll be using most of the time the 4" coil and 11"DD coils though. In this price range I don't think there's a better machine out there! Great separation, depth and recovery time. With a little more money u could get the F4 that already comes with the 11"DD coil and manual ground balancing!

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the fact that Fisher's entry level machines have a VDI readout, since when you move to a higher end machine you will already be familiar with using this feature. I also will agree with F2digger that the manual ground balance is almost a needed feature for some depending on your soil. But to answer the question you are asking....I would pick the F2 over the ACE250, coinmaster, compadre, or anything else in the price range. But F4 would be better yet if you can swing the price difference. Talk to Bart at Bib Boys Hobbies, you may get a higher priced machine cheaper than you think......good luck!

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I own an F2 and am amazed at its performance and features for its price, Great machine.

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
I use several detectors but after buying the F2 3 years ago as a back up detector I found that we just "clicked" and I used that more than others most of the time after that.
In the first year and a half I found enough clad and silver and gold to pay for my 2 coil package a few times.
For the last 18 months I mounted and used mostly the sniper coil and proceeded to find about 10 times what I paid for that initial package.
I mounted a 10" coil that I bought and sparingly used and still found more with that including an old rolled gold pocket watch which was just one gold taget I found in 2013 out of 10 that I found total with the F2.

The F4 has the DD coil and that could be advantageous if you have mineralized soil, but in good soil the 10" can usually go just as deep if not a bit deeper but you have to do a little more overlapping.
The manual Ground Balance that the F4 has is a great feature, but keep in mind it only has an effect on the all metal side, when you switch to discrimination the F4 will only use preset settings...just like the F2.

There is no better package than the 2 or 3 coil types that the F2 offers on the market today on any unit near this price point with a screen, or a better value, either.
The target separation and rapid recovery matches most of its more expensive up line cousins in the F series line, and beats so many others at many price points.
The VDI numbers are an incredible and oh so helpful feature and I can't believe that people would choose other detectors near the same price without them.
I was blessed the day I chose and received my F2, and the lessons and language it taught me has transferred completely over to the F70 when I upgraded.

Last edited:
OP
OP
triple x

triple x

Sep 10, 2006
North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the help guys. ordered a package F2 last night the unit 2 coils and a pinpointer for $195.00 free shipping, it will be her next tuesday. look for posts of my finds, and again ty all. xXx

OP
OP
triple x

triple x

Sep 10, 2006
North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"UPDATE" my new fisher F2 came and so did a foot of snow followed by days of rain haha. i have snuck out a cpl of times just couldnt stand sitting around doing nothing. so far i have found $1.38 in clad a 1941 wheatie. several ufo's this machine is awesome!! cant wait for the weather to improve so i can really get at it. thank you all for the help you gave me. i hope i can return the favor one day. X

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol awesome glad ur having fun its what its all about,good choice in detectors to that f2 with those extras definetly the way to go

Opie

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Try using it with any DD coil, it acts like a totally different machine, you'll luv it!!

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As the user of an F2, I can 100% vouch for its effectiveness. However, I would definitely take a big look at the Teknetics Eurotek Pro. It's a newer, upgraded f2 (same basic function anyway) for about the same price.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As the user of an F2, I can 100% vouch for its effectiveness. However, I would definitely take a big look at the Teknetics Eurotek Pro. It's a newer, upgraded f2 (same basic function anyway) for about the same price.

Out of just my curiousity What did they upgrade compared to the f2. I know alot of the fishers resemble teknetics (f75-t2) just curious

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Out of just my curiousity What did they upgrade compared to the f2. I know alot of the fishers resemble teknetics (f75-t2) just curious

All I know of is that it has upgrade features for handling iron, so it should perform better in trash. I've also heard that it handles bad ground better than the F2 and that it's a tad bit lighter.

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Ace 300, Ace 250, PP-AT, PP II, F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have an F2... great investment. I love the machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions