The delta is now on sell for $200 on Amazon, cheaper then the F22 at $229

fuzzytexan

Feb 7, 2015
East Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like you can get a Delta 4000 with a pinpointer for $279 on Amazon. I recommend a pin pointer for sure.

Also check out the forum sponsors as well, they can make great deals if you call them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
K

Kentucky Digger

Mar 29, 2016
Boyd County, KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150', Fisher F22, Garrett pro pointer 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like you can get a Delta 4000 with a pinpointer for $279 on Amazon. I recommend a pin pointer for sure.

I already have the Garrett Pro-Pointer 2. Thanks!

fuzzytexan

Feb 7, 2015
East Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah if you have a pin pointer already, look at the forum sponsors they can get you a good deal.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kentucky soil is mild like mine right below you. So if you only hunt Kentucky, then ground balance isn't paramount. The F22 has Iron Audio, which is a nice feature. The Delta has a true static all metal mode.

I don't hunt relics, so I would go with the proven Delta 4000 for coins and jewelry. I usually disc out iron, which is beneficial to relic hunting. If you hunt relics, the F22 is a better choice with it's Iron abilities and controls. You can switch quickly between the Artifact, Coin and Jewelry modes in a F22. The Delta requires setting each up each independently. The Delta and F22 are the same process, so a difference in depth would be because of the stock coils and which mode one is in. The all metal mode would be deeper than the 3 presets and 1 custom on the F22. But depth isn't everything, especially when you are talking an inch.

Since FTP has dropped the price of the Delta below the F22, it is the better deal. There are more positive reviews on the Delta than the F22 also.

The deal of the Delta and pinpointer for $279 is the BH pinpointer, which sucks compared to the PPer you have. The Delta for $200 is a great deal and will take you up quite a bit from your Ace 150. Plan on going back to places you hunted with the 150 to clean up deeper stuff, and finding stuff you missed.

Last edited:

Kwillie

May 28, 2016
Galveston Tx
Detector(s) used
Teknetics D 4000
Minelab excalibur II
Minelab go find 20
Garrett AT Pro.
Garrett ATX Deepseeker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Teknetics D4000

Kentucky soil is mild like mine right below you. So if you only hunt Kentucky, then ground balance isn't paramount. The F22 has Iron Audio, which is a nice feature. The Delta has a true static all metal mode.

I don't hunt relics, so I would go with the proven Delta 4000 for coins and jewelry. I usually disc out iron, which is beneficial to relic hunting. If you hunt relics, the F22 is a better choice with it's Iron abilities and controls. You can switch quickly between the Artifact, Coin and Jewelry modes in a F22. The Delta requires setting each up each independently. The Delta and F22 are the same process, so a difference in depth would be because of the stock coils and which mode one is in. The all metal mode would be deeper than the 3 presets and 1 custom on the F22. But depth isn't everything, especially when you are talking an inch.

Since FTP has dropped the price of the Delta below the F22, it is the better deal. There are more positive reviews on the Delta than the F22 also.

The deal of the Delta and pinpointer for $279 is the BH pinpointer, which sucks compared to the PPer you have. The Delta for $200 is a great deal and will take you up quite a bit from your Ace 150. Plan on going back to places you hunted with the 150 to clean up deeper stuff, and finding stuff you missed.

I have a Teknetics D4000 great discrimination and if it says its a coin or aluminum it is spot on. The machine uses one 9 volt battery good for 20+ hours.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread