Fisher F5 vs Garrett AT Pro or Gold

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my opinion your better off sticking with the F5. Not all AT Pro's or Gold's are leaving the factory equal as to performance. The early ones were very unstable even when you held the coil up in the air not moving it. The later ones seem to be better but i won't use mine as I still have nightmares of it going off while holding it still. Then too you might get a later produced one, but how long has it sat on the dealers shelf before you came along? Stick with the F5 and if you just feel the need for a new MD, try a Tesoro or White's, or even a F75. :coffee2:

OP
OP
T

texasstranger

Mar 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What model Tessoro do you recomend? I have not been around them too much.

In my opinion your better off sticking with the F5. Not all AT Pro's or Gold's are leaving the factory equal as to performance. The early ones were very unstable even when you held the coil up in the air not moving it. The later ones seem to be better but i won't use mine as I still have nightmares of it going off while holding it still. Then too you might get a later produced one, but how long has it sat on the dealers shelf before you came along? Stick with the F5 and if you just feel the need for a new MD, try a Tesoro or White's, or even a F75. :coffee2:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out the websites of the manufactures. On Tesoro I have a Tiger Shark for mainly water hunting and had it down to 140 feet with no leaks, and a Tejon which I love. I am not a fan of detectors with screens as they are useless in iffy signals. Just better to dig it and see what it really is. The Vaquero is very popular as is the Outlaw. With White's, the V3i, DFX or MXT is very good also. Minelab is having quality troubles again.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stick too white's there there best
tesoro are to expensive for what you get
there biggest
sale piont is the life time warrent
and that's not enough to get me to buy
because of the one 9 volt battery
they have a cheap sound to them.ever listen to a mxt or a 5800 dipro
that's what a detector should sound like

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread