fisher labs 0, kellyco 1

re-tek

Jul 15, 2007
miami fl
Detector(s) used
coinstrike, tigershark, ace250, OLD radioshack
i bought a coinstrike from kellyco just slightly over 2 weeks ago. mine seems to have some some isues where it locked up a few times. it would also get all chattery when the batteries hit 7 volts. its supposed to be happy up to 6 volts then give you a low batt warning and continue working for about 1 hr more according to the manual.

i called kellyco about it and they said call up fisher. at the time, i thought i had the thing for almost 30 days, hadnt looked at my receipt. i called fisher twice during the week and left messages. no one called me back in 2 days. kinda lame... i called fisher again and explained to the receptionist what was going on and their lack of returned calls. she put me through to a tech who heard me out and thinks the oscilator may be off. he put me back to the person that could create the RMA and she told me she'd call me back as she was covering for someone else that was on lunch and couldnt do the RMA right now. lame again....

i dug out my receipt, turns out i had bought the detector exactly 15 days ago from the day i found my receipt. called kellyco and explained that i had just found my receipt, it was exactly 15 days from purchase, and fisher isnt returning my calls.

kellyco made good on the problem and where friendly the whole way through. sent my detector back to kellyco and they are sending me a replacement.

fisher did finally call me back but the issue has been resolved. thanks for the callback 3 days later fisher.

would i buy another fisher based on thier customer service, i'm kinda doubtful. i just spent $700+ on their product and have gotten better customer service at a KFC.

kellyco on the other hand is thumbs up. when i get ready to get a water machine, they'll get my business.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fisher was one of my favorite companys till they sold out to First Texas. Now many are getting the run around and poor service, myself included. An they are supposed to come out with a new CZ21 in August and expect us dummys to buy it. Course I am going to get one.

Mike in Fla.

Sep 4, 2005
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Minelab Quattro, Minelab Exp. II, Garrett Ace 250, GTXA 1000,
Sandman, is there any detector you don't have?
I was thinking of getting the F4, but I'm not so sure now.

Mike

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Mike, There are still many detectors that I don't still own. If they don't measure up for some job, they are gone. The F4 and F-75 appear to be nice in operation. I just don't trust the customer sercvice anymore.
I don't think I will waste my money on the CZ21 after all. Service is about everything. If a company gives you the run around or over charges for repairs that where covered by the lifetime warranty, they are history in my book.

I am lucky in not being without cash for toys and don't have a wife to buy shoes when she can only wear two at a time anyway. It helps when I NEED a new detector................LOL

Sandman

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
True Sandman.. I have had garretts in the last 25+ years and have always had a no run around service from them.

Me

Aug 13, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre
Sandman said:
Hello Mike, There are still many detectors that I don't still own. If they don't measure up for some job, they are gone. The F4 and F-75 appear to be nice in operation. I just don't trust the customer sercvice anymore.
I don't think I will waste my money on the CZ21 after all. Service is about everything. If a company gives you the run around or over charges for repairs that where covered by the lifetime warranty, they are history in my book.

I am lucky in not being without cash for toys and don't have a wife to buy shoes when she can only wear two at a time anyway. It helps when I NEED a new detector................LOL

Sandman

Right sandman! This is one main reason I've been buying mostly Tesoro. Nautilus and Minelab are also very good and I've heard Garrett is good too.

But the best can break and there's nothing so sickening as a pain in the butt company.

R

robert roy

It's only a matter of time before we look on the Metal Detector and read "MADE IN CHINA!"

Come to think about it, MD's are probably the only think CHina hasn't tried to pirate!

RR

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where are the Cobra's and Vipers made? Wonder who thought or adding the Fangs to the Cobra faceplate........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions