Tootsie toy car, Brass padlock & Sunoco token

Ed_DE

Feb 23, 2019
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a new permission today and a first happen to me today where the property owner brought his metal detector out & started metal detecting with me. After about a half hour the property owner quit detecting and went back into his house. There wasn't too much to be found but I did find a Tootsie Toy MG Roadster coupe sports car. A RFD padlock and a Sunoco car coin aluminum token. I also found a miscellaneous pile of junk. Thanks for looking.

IMG_0843.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0847.jpeg
    IMG_0847.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0837.jpeg
    IMG_0837.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 22
Upvote 15

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
I got a new permission today and a first happen to me today where the property owner brought his metal detector out & started metal detecting with me. After about a half hour the property owner quit detecting and went back into his house. There wasn't too much to be found but I did find a Tootsie Toy MG Roadster coupe sports car. A RFD padlock and a Sunoco car coin aluminum token. I also found a miscellaneous pile of junk. Thanks for looking.

View attachment 2146665

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2146665
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some interesting finds :0

E-Trac-Ohio

Gold Member
Feb 9, 2020
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool finds !

I've found several of the Sunoco Tokens with different types of old cars on them.
There were 25 different varieties produced by the Franklin Mint in 1969.
They were given out as a promotion at Sunoco gas stations.
Shell gas stations also gave out similar styled Tokens during the same time period.

OP
OP
Ed_DE

Ed_DE

Feb 23, 2019
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds !

I've found several of the Sunoco Tokens with different types of old cars on them.
There were 25 different varieties produced by the Franklin Mint in 1969.
They were given out as a promotion at Sunoco gas stations.
Shell gas stations also gave out similar styled Tokens during the same time period.
I still have my collection of the Sunoco car coin tokens. Whenever my dad would go to Sunoco for gas he would give me the token for my game board. Never did get to complete the board.

Attachments

• IMG_0850.jpeg
    IMG_0850.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 6

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread