OWK

Apr 26, 2014
North Central Md
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, F75
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want depth and performance buy the F75 (although the AT pro is no slouch)

If you want all-weather and water hunting, buy the AT-pro

Neither machine is good in the wet sand

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really like my at pro hits very solid VDI numbers on coins has pin point notch discrimination iron disc and iron audio you can use it in water and rain you do need waterproof head phones though good depth I'm very happy with it Ive never owned a fisher but that's my take on the AT PRO one other thing I bought mine from kellyco any problem they fix it for free or replace it kellyco is amazing I think you will be happy with either Good luck

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Minelab Xterra 705; Whites MX 5; Tesoro Outlaw; Teknetics Omega 8500

Take your time. Call some forum sponsors and talk to them, make a deal and chose well. :headbang:

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have owned both I bought new. I sold the AT because it masked many, many targets in iron. The F75 is so much deeper too. But if your going to hunt in the rain? The 1st week I had my F75 I took it to 2 small yards I had hammered with my AT in all directions with 3 different coils. The F75 found 5 silver dimes in those yards the AT missed due to the AT masking targets it could not hear.
Good luck.

OP
OP
R

Rigderunner

Greenie
Aug 13, 2016
Ringgold ga
Detector(s) used
Whites eagle ii sl
Fisher f75
Minelab x terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys keep the advice coming

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
If you want depth and performance buy the F75 (although the AT pro is no slouch)

If you want all-weather and water hunting, buy the AT-pro

Neither machine is good in the wet sand

This.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If those are the only choices, I'd get the F75 and a rain hood for it, unless I planned on going into the water. They'll both work fine in dry sand and fresh water. At a salt water beach in the wet sand or water, neither will perform at a good level. Both will work to a certain extent, but, you have to turn down the sensitivity and you'll lose depth in the process.

OP
OP
R

Rigderunner

Greenie
Aug 13, 2016
Ringgold ga
Detector(s) used
Whites eagle ii sl
Fisher f75
Minelab x terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the input guys. I knew someone would help me out here. I called up my local dealer and tried both machines this evening I really like the f75 over the at pro. Still running through the pros and cons of both machines

CoilToTheSoil

Mar 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Sovereign xs2a Pro
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab X-Terra 705
Minelab Explorer SE
Minelab e-trac
Tesoro compadre
Whites v3i
AT Pro
Teknetics Gamma 6000
Bounty Hunter Camo LS
Bounty Hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At is supposedly submersible to 10ft. Mine wasn't, or at least when submerging in less than a foot of water it leaked.

Being "waterproof" is really the only thing the it has going for it when compared to competitive brands and models.

I keep my non-warrantied replacement around for water hunting only. At least until the next time it leaks.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions