Fishing Anyone????

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
These are the baits that the girls and I have found last spring and 9 of them so far this year....The blue and white Little Cleo Wigl is my favorite... The Muskey Whacker is 16 x 3 and I think I will hang onto that ! ;) Everytime the ice starts to go out,we find them along the banks.....Might not classify as treasure....but somebody somewhere was swearing over their loss! ;)

Attachments

• Gypsysawmillmarch2506 014.jpg
    Gypsysawmillmarch2506 014.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 646
  • Gypsysawmillmarch2506 015.jpg
    Gypsysawmillmarch2506 015.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 641
Upvote 0

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually put my fish tackle finds somewhere so it can be seen by someone, hopefully a fisherperson finds it and can use it. Have given away a few pieces to people fishing, they enjoyed the find, LOL! HH, Mike

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
hey at 5 or 6 bucks a pop, maybe you could call em treasure!! actually the really old ones can be worth some cash. of course, in the condition you might dig one it prolly wouldnt be worth much, but i always keep my eyes open for them at garage sales.

silverswede

Dec 12, 2005
Pinehurst. Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab SOVEREIGN XS-2a PRO
Heck of a nice collection of lures. you can almost hear the fisherman cussing when he broke of those $10.00 plugs. If anyone lives near a lake where the water he receded due to drought, etc. run your detector around and along exposed submerged logs and trees for an abundance of spoons and spinners. they hang up there and the hooks rust off dropping the lure. Some are quite valuable.

M

mchamby

gypsy you found some nice lures there and a fish stringer too. Lets see I can name some of them. You have a daredevil, mepps, hulapoper, opps I forgot what was in the pic., anyway you can see I'm one of those fishin gals. I have a hard time deciding between that and mding when fishing season opens. HH
mchamby

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some amazing fishing items you have there ...did you find all them today? I usually use Chubs and worms for bait but those fine pieces will fetch a few buck on E-Bay..... :o

thumper

Nov 25, 2005
clifton forge virginia
Detector(s) used
radioshack discovery 2000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Them are some neat lures.......I've never found one yet.......but not looking on the river banks neither.....I gotta try that........great finds

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Say GH some of those lures are the same size of the fish I catch down here. Well maybe a little larger than I catch. ::) ::) Neat finds girls. HH Burdie

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GH,

Nice finds with the lures...brings back memories of fishing with my dad.

HH ;)
RR

A

Angela (Australia)

Hey Gipsyheart, if you don't like fishing, now might be a good time to learn to! What I would give for those lures! When I find sinkers or lures, they go straight into my tackle box. I've given a lot of sinkers away, for friends to melt down and remake them. Keep up the great hunting!
Cheers Angela :)

R

rvbvetter

Yep That looks like about everything I use to not catch fish. When I go out, I'm a catch and release type fisherman thats still working on the catch part.
I always carry a disclaimer with me that says no fish were harmed while on my latest fishing trip.
Thinking about switching to real bait. Just so I'll have something to fry up at the end of the day.
Anchovies anyone? HH

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Good finds rtde3......I am a fisherwoman...love flyfishing ....the girls and I have way too many lures...or not enough....hahaha...My daughter Cheyenne insists she is going to be a fishing guide and have her own TV show...we fish alot and so we find alot of lures also.....I usually sell the non keepers at my annual garage sale.. and have a couple of collectors who like the older ones we find.....
Best fishing story....we were camping last year with some friends and Cheyenne was fishing the middle of the river....one of the guys got a nice 9 inch bass on his line....so he handed Cheyenne the pole and told her to reel it in .....she was struggling like crazy and jumping the river rocks to drag it to the bank...none of us could figure out why she was having such a hard time pulling that little fish to shore......she got up on the sand and started dragging her fish to shore.....hahahaha....out popped a 42 inch musky onto the bank......evidently it had hit the bass as soon as Cheynne got the rod. Everyone was just laughing their butts off...so she got a two for one fish!

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No musky around my parts. I went to a bar in WI one time called "The Musky". I think it was a little town called Black Creek, not sure. They had a bunch mounted on the walls. They have a trash fish here in CA they call a pike. Nothing like a Northern! My brother has moved back there again to Berlin and he has about 190 ft of river frontage on the Fox and a huge park next door. I'll have to take my detector when I go back to visit. Lots of old places back there. Great finds as usual!

L

lookingaround

hello every one i am new,
i was wondering to the person who found the fishing stuff, did you use a magnet that you threw into the water?

TimmyNY

Nov 28, 2005
Western New York
very cool stuff Gypsy

do you find this in the water or in the brush along the edge?
keep your eyes open for the older stuff some of it is worth big bucks as you probably already know.

Tim

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
gypsyheart I used to live on a bayou in western Michigan and we would sometimes find very old lures caught in the weeds. We sold the property in the early 90's but even up to that time it wasn't uncommon to find old plugs from the 30's - 50's. All the hooks had long ago rusted away but the main bodies held up.

Just this final note, a few years back someone in Grayling Michigan found a rare fishing lure at a garage sale. I was told they sold it on ebay for several thousand dollars. I met an antique dealer who knew about the transaction. I guess some of the very early lures are considered "art" to some rich folks. Go figure????

Happy lure hunting ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions