SILVER with A STONE + 5 pictures....

BOB VALDEZ

Jan 8, 2006
Was hunting for almost 5 hours on the beach. Never had to stop (except for blowing my nose !). O yes, I forgot : gave some explanation about metal detecting to some (boy) scouts.

Didn't find much money and the first coin I found was even... FRENCH ! But the weather was ok, about 12?C, some folks on the beach (not too much).

Well, after the first hour (almost... NOTHING !) I found this ring. I think (!) it is silver, since I think (!) I read "925" in that stamp AND it has a nice stone. Must show it to my friend, end of the week. Maybe he'll know if the stone is anything.

1. 4.95 Euro = 6 USD
2. silver ring and a nice one, too
3. 10 Francs Fran?ais
4. 20 Belgian Francs
5. another pen flare

Well, need I tell you it was FUN ?

ThankYouForLooking !

BOB VALDEZ, Belgium ;)

ImgFree.net - Hosting Images

Upvote 0

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang Bob, I think you have a real diamond in that silver ring. Note the scratches in the ring, probably from the sand but, the diamond looks unblemished. Nice finds, hope it's the real deal and HH, Mike

OP
OP
B

BOB VALDEZ

Jan 8, 2006
jon43 said:
nice finds again bob. i hope the stone is real :)

I hope so to, Bavaria Mike and Jon43. A friend of mine has been working in jewelry. He is retired now but I'll see him (normally) on Friday since we do both "spinning" in the fitness on Friday. When & if I don't forget that ring, I'll give it to him so that he can check it out.

You might be hearing from this... And if it is not "the real thing" : it was nice finding it anyway + the ring isn't too ugly, either.

BOB VALDEZ, Belgium ;)

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Very nice ring Bob!! Looks custom made to me. And LOL at the nose blowin....Every five minutes here....very aggrevating >:(. Nice haul of clad......keep it coming!

Happy Hunting,
Moon

Ray-King

Hiya Bob,
Congrats on the finds and also that lovely ring too.
I'm finding Euros all the time too. I don't know what you use to clean yours up but i have been getting some VERY good results from a solution of Table Salt and DISTILLED vinegar. About a table spoon of salt and enought vinegar to cover the coins well. Make sure the salt is dissolved well. They take a couple of hours to start coming up nice but in between checking them, i take them out and scrub them with a plastic scrubbing pad, the sort you use for doing the dishes with. then put them back in if they need longer.
Don't know if this helps but i hope it does.
All the very best to you and happy hunting too.
Ray.

OP
OP
B

BOB VALDEZ

Jan 8, 2006
Ray-King said:
Hiya Bob,
Congrats on the finds and also that lovely ring too.
I'm finding Euros all the time too. I don't know what you use to clean yours up but i have been getting some VERY good results from a solution of Table Salt and DISTILLED vinegar. About a table spoon of salt and enought vinegar to cover the coins well. Make sure the salt is dissolved well. They take a couple of hours to start coming up nice but in between checking them, i take them out and scrub them with a plastic scrubbing pad, the sort you use for doing the dishes with. then put them back in if they need longer.
Don't know if this helps but i hope it does.
All the very best to you and happy hunting too.
Ray.

Hello Ray in sunny Tenerife !

Been there, a couple of times. Even saw Lance Armstrong training on the Teide, 3 years ago. He stayed in that parador at the foot of that mountain. I love Tenerife, but Lanzarote was even a bigger surprise. For me : mostly due to that artist CESAR MANRIQUE. Visited it 3 times 3 weeks. Well, the Canaries are great !

Now about the Euros. I NEVER clean my Euros. Not anymore since I can get away with using them like they are. When buying something, people don't refuse them. Of course, it could be my good looks, my honest eyes, my hair cut, etc. But I don't have to clean them. But thanks for your advice, one never knows...

BOB VALDEZ (End of April going to Extremadura to do some birdwatching)

OP
OP
B

BOB VALDEZ

Jan 8, 2006
my friend

I met my friend today and gave him the ring. He will check if the stone is anything "special". Well, it doesn't matter much since it was nice finding but of course, it would be SUPER if the stone added some extra value to it. Will give it away to somebody. Maybe my mum, if she likes it (and it fits). Or some lady friend.

You could be hearing more about it but chances are I'll see my friend only next Friday...

Greetings from

BOB VALDEZ, Belgium

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread