FISHING FOR COINS

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
For those of you planning your vacations give some thought to our northern neighbour. The exchange rate is very favorable. They speak our language and you can literally fish for coins at the swimming beaches to defray your costs. All Canadian nickel coins are pure nickel. Pure nickel is magnetic. You throw in a horseshoe magnet on the end of a line and drag it back to you. Sometimes it will have modern coins. It is a great way to get the grandkids excited about treasure hunting. Exanimo, SS

A

ak grizz

That's a good tip SS . I will try that next year .
Thanks Mike!!!

OP
OP
S

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
you are over the max pm limit so my posts are bouncing back to me. Put tnet in the title and reach me through [email protected]. SS

outdoorsup

May 9, 2004
Lake Ozark, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites 4900, Garrett Ace 250
Please don't get me wrong, I love the Canadian wilderness of BC and the Yukon areas, but until Canada changes it's stance on America and begins to show some support towards us, I would rather spend my hard earned money elsewhere. Canada is right there next to France on my love list. God Bless America.

OP
OP
S

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
note I didn't say go to quebec. I like Canadians and about 1/5 of my platoon in Vietnam were canadians. The only ones I really don't care for are the ones driving south with ontario plates every mothers day. They never make the trip for fathers day and once mom passes on and leaves them all her money they'll never come south again no doubt. At least they had the class to fire that goofy bureaucrat who caused the international incident by bad-mouthing Bush. Even the PM of canada got a real case of the red-*** over that. Made him look like a total lowlife and incompetant. And besides we don't ever give them any foriegn aid and I like to encourage that. LOL. exanimo, ss

outdoorsup

May 9, 2004
Lake Ozark, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Ok, well said. I lost two close friends in Iraq and survived 4 IED hits myself and it really makes me mad to see the politicians in Canada and France bad mouth our right to take the battle to the enemy and not sitting back waiting for another hit on us. I would love to detect in BC and if I ever get the chance to drive the Alaskan Highway again I will take it. And by the way thank you for your service. God Bless America.

I will be in Iraq again this comming summer, perhaps I will take along my Whites and see what pops up. :o

OP
OP
S

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Re: FISHING FOR COINS - SALUTING AN AMERICAN WARRIOR

Welcome Home Brother. A second tour in a combat zone is where you really prove yourself. Kinda like jumping out of an airplane. No one knows what it is like until they try it. The second jump and the second tour you know what to expect and do it anyway. Thats the mark of a true hero. You may find that there are many Canadian citizens serving in the US armed forces even now. Most of them could give a rip about ever becoming an american. They don't serve to get a fast track to a green card. They just do what they think is right. Many of them still like to brawl recreationally and its hard to keep them out of a hard fight. I was on alert activation standby for the First Gulf War but not called up. Since then I've had two titanium hips put in so they don't want me. I told that doctor if he gets me in for a new knee I want a set of robocop hip holsters. LOL I did some battlefield searching in Germany and suggest that you not dig any big signals. We were finding rotting potato masher grenades and antitank mines. Several blew up in the duece and a half on the way to the local quarry. EOD had them sandbagged so only the vehicle was destroyed with no injuries other than ringing ears. After we sort out this mess in the world I want to push for bringing our troops home. It really chaps my ass that we have to pay millions of dollars to the french each year to maintain the military cemeteries. After we bring home every dead american each person would have to request that they be buried where they died.? Belgium on the other hand gladly maintains the graves of the men who freed them. Project two would be impounding all the diplomat cars in new york with outstanding tickets. No pay then auction them. I'd really like to get those worthless dipdunks out of the United States. Wouldn't it be great if the effete leftists all moved overseas to protest our treatment of the UN? We should live so long and be so lucky. Project three would be a one year moratorium on intervening in anything that Israel chooses to do. If they want to go conquer? Lebanon, Jordan, Iran, Syria, Yemen and Saudi Arabia and can get it done in a year God Bless them.? As long as there are people willing to put their lives on the line there will be an America. I salute you, siegfried schlagrule, us army , Vietnam

outdoorsup

May 9, 2004
Lake Ozark, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Well said. As far as hunting in Germany, I hunted there as well and found a few UXO's, mostly Incindiary bombs and a couple grenades. I'm an EOD Tech by trade so deep down inside I like to find a few ordnance items on the side.

A

ARCOMANDPURPLE

Hi SIEGFRIED
Sounds like you had the same type of life as I did in my younger days. The only difference I noticed was that the U.S ARMY disposed of the ordnance found. In my case all the ordnance I found " 7 bombs , 2 anti personnel mines" had to be disposed thru the GERMAN ?E.O.D. The best part of it was that we received a reward for each,so our time was not wasted. I hunted the KARLSHRUE area, which area did you hunt ?.
ARCOMANDPURPLE ?U.S ARMY (RETIRED) VIETNAM

outdoorsup

May 9, 2004
Lake Ozark, Missouri
Detector(s) used
I hunted the area around Hanau which is about 20 miles East of Frankfurt. Attached is a link to the area I hunted. Back then the internet wasn't available like it is today, the area was found by accident while searching a small playground in the woods. Thats where I found my first coin a 1795 1/4 Stuber. I thought it was the inside of a pop bottle top and tossed it on the ground. I later found it again and decided to look it over a little and after much cleaning, the true shape of the coin came out, and the rest is history.

http://www.napoleonguide.com/battle_hanau.htm

OP
OP
S

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
G'day Arcom, I was in Augsburg from 1974 to 1977. About 20 clicks from Munich. Got to hunt the roman villas there and the battleground where Herman the German defeated the romans (along the river Lek) Was the guy who thought he had nailed the Herman Goering treasure but was about 17 years late. (posted that story earlier) welcome home, ss

A

ARCOMANDPURPLE

Interesting , my time was 76 thru 80 for KARLSHRUE .This mean we were doing the same thing at the same time a few miles from each other. What a small World.Good luck to you,
Siegfried. ARCOM

OP
OP
S

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
same to you arcom. ss

Hank

Oct 25, 2004
Charlotte,NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, BH, Tesoro, et al
De facto combat zone or military site?? ? ::) :P :(

I'll trade all the super patriots who ever lived, for one tolerant, reasonable man.

OP
OP
S

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
You had a reasonable, tolerant, nuanced sham running for president. Why didn't you elect him?????

Hank

Oct 25, 2004
Charlotte,NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, BH, Tesoro, et al
Siegfried Schlagrule said:
You had a reasonable, tolerant, nuanced sham running for president. Why didn't you elect him?????

An intelligent electorate would have no difficulty finding "statesmen".? However, as long as there is willing 'cannon fodder" to do their dirty work...the politicos are safe and happy....and you lot can commiserate about your metal transplants and brag about? exploits.?

At least there were 50,000 or so yanks smart enough to retreat to Canada....while a few dumb Canadians thought they would jump into the fray for a green card.? Hahahaha....hilarious....the trouble with reality is the lack of background music.

OP
OP
S

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
If you took 50,000 god bless you everyone. At least they won't be as nasty as the last batch you let in. Granting welfare to people who announced that they were anti-US terrorists was a bit over the top. But when you get a belly full of their whining just do what we did. Head em north. ss

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread