flakes

F

Felinepeachy

Well you could suggest that she help you find the flakes. Who knows, a 5 gallon bowl might start looking good to her after a day or two.

;D

OP
OP
buzzgator

buzzgator

Nov 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC-IIBa/Tesoro Cibola
Peachy I thought a quart was plenty!

F

Felinepeachy

When I first started looking for artifacts, I saved them ALL. Now they are in the rock garden. :tongue3:

M

mickey

here's what i did. i attended a local flintknapping and asked the guy what he did with his chippage. he told me he threw them away. i asked if i could have them and he was glad to get rid of it. i separated the colors and i plan to make a nice educational display for our research center to show people the various colors of flint ridge flint. i wonder how much chippage you could get at the flint ridge ohio knap-in on labor day weekend!

Attachments

• flint ridge flint.JPG
    flint ridge flint.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 317

1AB Hunter

Dec 23, 2010
Brownsville KY
Better be thick glass with no inclusions I had a glass vase that held about 2 gallons picked it up and the flint must have etched the glass and it broke all to pieces What a Mess!!!!

OP
OP
buzzgator

buzzgator

Nov 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
Its tempered glass but maybe if i show her ur post she will change her mind! Lol

scepter1

May 17, 2011
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Does she know how large a 20 gal glass bowl is ? Or how she move it around? Fill a 5 gallon bucket filled with rock & have her lift it, more or less 20 gallons of rock. If the glass would even hold that much weight...

Rich.

OP
OP
buzzgator

buzzgator

Nov 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
She knows exactly how large it is, it use to be full of fish at one time...

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
hey buzz,
put an old ten gallon aquarium or a bunch of big rocks in the center....................................then it wouldn't take quite so much to fill it
(maybe a dumb idea?)
i am sure us T-Net people could all help fill it but the postage might add up a bit
lars

drdave5141

Greenie
May 30, 2010
Buy a styrofoam ball from a craft store that is a few inches smaller than the bowl. Fill the bowl around the ball and you will have what looks like a bowl of flakes but is much lighter and won't take so long to fill.

Here is a display of brokes I made. The center is a foam cone that I clipped the top off of and put in upside down. Heavy enough as it is.

Attachments

• DSC01596.JPG
    DSC01596.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 193
  • DSC01597.JPG
    DSC01597.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 185
  • DSC01595.JPG
    DSC01595.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 185
  • DSC01596.JPG
    DSC01596.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 197
  • DSC01597.JPG
    DSC01597.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 185
OP
OP
buzzgator

buzzgator

Nov 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
Thanx those r great ideas! Im feeling kind of stupid rite now for not thinking of that...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread