FLO visit today xx

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
We have had an amazing winter detecting in the fields just outside the village, so today we took 75 items into the local museum for logging on the database, and 155 Roman coins.

We picked up the finds we dropped off in November, so thought you maybe interested to see the Official IDs…

IMG_0452.jpeg
IMG_0453.jpeg
IMG_0454.jpeg
IMG_0455.jpeg
IMG_0456.jpeg
IMG_0457.jpeg
IMG_0458.jpeg
IMG_0459.jpeg
IMG_0460.jpeg
IMG_0461.jpeg
IMG_0462.jpeg
IMG_0463.jpeg
IMG_0464.jpeg
IMG_0465.jpeg
IMG_0466.jpeg
IMG_0467.jpeg
IMG_0469.jpeg
IMG_0470.jpeg
IMG_0471.jpeg
IMG_0472.jpeg
IMG_0473.jpeg
IMG_0474.jpeg
IMG_0475.jpeg
IMG_0476.jpeg
IMG_0477.jpeg
IMG_0478.jpeg
IMG_0479.jpeg
IMG_0480.jpeg

Upvote 22

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We know what a few of the mysterious things are now.
It's great to have such detailed information on the finds.
Better than what have going for us over here.

"That's why they invented the...
What is it forum"🤣

OP
OP
blossom

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds

What is it forum"🤣
Yes indeed. We are now going to get nice photos (taken with Himself’s proper camera) of each of the finds from this batch and the last one, and do one of those photo albums that you can do on line, with description alongside the picture. We thought it’s probably the best way to show the Landowner what we have found.

One day I’d love to do a display for the Castle, but that may have to wait till I retire 😆xx

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What is it forum"🤣
So true Pepper. 👍

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blossom,
That is SO cool that the museum does that. Does it cost anything for that service?
Am I right in thinking that the museum (or someone else?) gets first shot at buying any relics that you find, if they want them, and are supposed to pay a fair price for them?
That’s what I’ve always heard anyways.
I can’t even imagine trying to set a price on your one of a kind gold coin!
Thanks for the great post. 👍
MM

OP
OP
blossom

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Blossom,
That is SO cool that the museum does that. Does it cost anything for that service?
Am I right in thinking that the museum (or someone else?) gets first shot at buying any relics that you find, if they want them, and are supposed to pay a fair price for them?
That’s what I’ve always heard anyways.
I can’t even imagine trying to set a price on your one of a kind gold coin!
Thanks for the great post. 👍
MM
the UK has a scheme called called PAS so there is a data base.. each county has a FLO (Finds Liason Officer) who you can take your finds to, they then check, photo, weigh, measure ID them and add to the database. All free.

There are laws about what is classified as Treasure… so none of the above is “Treasure” so i get every thing back ! xx

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the UK has a scheme called called PAS so there is a data base.. each county has a FLO (Finds Liason Officer) who you can take your finds to, they then check, photo, weigh, measure ID them and add to the database. All free.

There are laws about what is classified as Treasure… so none of the above is “Treasure” so i get every thing back ! xx

Your system there makes sense to me! Many over here in the US think otherwise. Thanks for sharing your finds as always!!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes indeed. We are now going to get nice photos (taken with Himself’s proper camera) of each of the finds from this batch and the last one, and do one of those photo albums that you can do on line, with description alongside the picture. We thought it’s probably the best way to show the Landowner what we have found.

One day I’d love to do a display for the Castle, but that may have to wait till I retire 😆xx
Well I hope you invite "Himself" as a guest speaker, I'm sure he could pull a good crowd through the gates.
I hear there's ample parking in the neighbouring car park where they hold events.

OP
OP
blossom

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Well I hope you invite "Himself" as a guest speaker, I'm sure he could pull a good crowd through the gates.
I hear there's ample parking in the neighbouring car park where they hold events.
Himself.. Speak… 🤔 hmm i think not, altho he got a bit carried away today and started talking at the FLO meeting… he only stopped when he experienced some unexpected shin pain!!! 😆 xx

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Isnt it tho…!… and Not one single use of the word Thingy!!! 😆… xx
I think they use “brooch” as the catch all instead of “thingy”.

Seriously though, very cool finds and very cool that they identify everything and give you such nice info on them.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

We have something similar here in the states but it’s not FLO. It’s “GTE”, (government takes everything), and it’s not a scheme, but a scam. 🤪
Thanks for that video above. 👍
MM

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done for doing the right thing & Recording them.
I think the 'Mount' needs checking, to me it closely resembles a Saxon/Viking Stirrup Mount Terminal.
The 'Brooch' looks more Saxon to me not Roman.
Otherwise pretty spot on.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread