Flooding but still made it out.

wv hilljack

Aug 29, 2013
Western, WV
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro,Garrett 5x8, Nel Tornado / Garrett Ace 250
Garrett Pro Pinpointer‎/ Minelab X-terra 705 / Makro pinpointer / Nel Tornado coil / Nokta Fors Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After 3 days of heavy rain most of the area is flooded. Hardly a country road that isn't under water. I first hunted an old home that was built in 1896. What a disappointment, didn't even find a clad penny. Not having to many options because of the flooding I hit this old park that I figured had been hunted out. Used the new Nokta Fors Core and didn't do to bad. All clad and one 58d wheat. Came close thought got some 65 dimes and 66,67 quarters. Also found this ingot thing that ring up in the silver range. Not sure what it is. It's not real heavy like lead.

DSC00001.JPG DSC00002.JPG

Upvote 5

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
You just never now when you walk into location... what county u in back there. Great coin count!

OP
OP
wv hilljack

wv hilljack

Aug 29, 2013
Western, WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett Pro Pinpointer‎/ Minelab X-terra 705 / Makro pinpointer / Nel Tornado coil / Nokta Fors Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pleasants county. The Ohio river is bank full right now. Haven't heard were it's going to crest at.

OP
OP
wv hilljack

wv hilljack

Aug 29, 2013
Western, WV
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You would think so but it's not very heavy as lead would be.

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you can't cut into that ingot but rings up like its silver then its made of zinc. Zinc and silver are close together in fact they make solder out of silver and zinc but if you can scratch or cut it easy its lead.

OP
OP
wv hilljack

wv hilljack

Aug 29, 2013
Western, WV
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's one I didn't think about is zinc. I took a screw driver to it to make the marks that are shown on it. it would not cut into to just shine it up. Thanks bzbadger.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread