Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to a community today that I was trying to locate a spring and a 1910 school house. Not being from the area I had to start knocking on doors. First couple was very friendly and informative turned me on to a 90 yr old gentleman who was out. Stopped by and talked to guy mowing cemetery at 1800's church. He gave me location of original church and womans name that owned the property. Then on to possible school location and this 80+ yr old woman showed me location of the school and the well in the woods where they got water. She was a wealth of info on other schools that her mother taught at. I filled several pages in my notebook with her alone. I finally had to beg off as I was an hour from home but not before she grabbed my arm to show me where the old out house on her property was located. I finally left after promising her I would be back soon. I didn't swing my detector at all today but I sure did find Silver treasure.

images (35).jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 11

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh! I'm sorry, but I've already cleaned all of those sites out. ;)

Research! That's the ticket!!

OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Passed by that church a couple times today.

OK VChild keep on...yeah you were out eating ice cream while I was trying to get you a place to hunt in your backyard. Never mind I had to drive and hour to do so. You could have stopped and pulled weeds in the cemetery. Don't you have ancestors buried there?

vilechild

Jan 20, 2015
Upstate, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha I told you I looked for you, I saw the guy cutting grass figure you might have talked him into cutting the grass in the front to get us an extra inch of depth.

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Next time don't make the mistake of just talking. Let the old lady have some fun. No! No! Go detecting with her and talk. Ha Ha Just a thought. Ya Old people are cool. I'm old! Right?

OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I did lower the blade when he wasn't looking. He's a good guy he does it for free because nobody else will. Gonna get the church history book and meet me to show it to me. I told him not to show you cause you just ride around eating ice cream

OP
OP
DirtStalker

DirtStalker

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2014
Upstate SC
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Next time don't make the mistake of just talking. Let the old lady have some fun. No! No! Go detecting with her and talk. Ha Ha Just a thought. Ya Old people are cool. I'm old! Right?

She did have a twinkle in her eyes. And showed me in woods the school well. She was very interesting all bs aside. Like I told her I will be back soon. Especially when I know VC has to work. Frankie VC says I'm old too. See what I have to put up with.

Last edited:

vilechild

Jan 20, 2015
Upstate, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I did lower the blade when he wasn't looking. He's a good guy he does it for free because nobody else will. Gonna get the church history book and meet me to show it to me. I told him not to show you cause you just ride around eating ice cream

Careful now he might be my second cousin lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread