NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I do know for a fact that all the outdoor built in pools on the beach at the hotels in Ft. Meyers beach are non-existant. You can't even see them anymore, they are filled to overflowing with sand! :icon_jokercolor:

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I talked to my son a while ago that lives in New Smyrna beach (a little south of there) and he said the beaches are ruined. He thinks all of the sand is washed away from the beaches. There's still flooding down there too.

DANGLANGLEY

fldaphne

May 27, 2008
Gulfcoast of Florida
Detector(s) used
White's Beach Hunter ID
We just came back from the Brevard area - stayed there Thurs through Sun - and went out each day trying different area beaches - we tried Satellite, Cocoa, Melbourne, Wasabo(?) and Vero beaches and others whose names I can't remember - finds were so little - the beaches were so washed away. What a shame.

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
I have always heard that when the sand is cut deep, that it is easier to get shipwreck stuff that used to be outta reach! Was Fay, NOT a NorEaster? Also, try hunting the valleys or lower areas in sand that is left.........Not GE

stitchlips

Apr 12, 2008
east coast florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur 1000, CTX 3030
DANGLANGLEY said:
I talked to my son a while ago that lives in New Smyrna beach (a little south of there) and he said the beaches are ruined. He thinks all of the sand is washed away from the beaches. There's still flooding down there too.

DANGLANGLEY

The sand the county put on the beach is mostly gone and it always does go with even a very small storm, but the original beach is just fine and there is no flooding here in New Smyrna which is just south of Daytona, the bad flooding is in the county south of here, brevard county is still flooded very badly.

I went at low tide and didn't find anything unusual, just some clad and some large pipes.

gold-digger

Jul 4, 2006
Gulf Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excals & Quattro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
From what I've seen here on the gulf side, The sand washed in. There's easily 6-8 inches of sand washed up on to the beachs and surf still rough.

Attachments

• 422.jpg
    422.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 341

Lorrie

Greenie
Sep 22, 2004
TORRERO said:
After all this Tropical Storm Fay stuff, is anyone in Florida can tell us how the beaches are
between Daytona Beach and Jacksonville Fla. ?

Thanks
I hunt Daytona Beach twice a week. It's bad! This storm brought in 3-4 feet of sand. It did not do much at New Smyrna Beach either. A few feet. It took all the sand down south and moved it. All the sand bars that were created in 2004 by the hurricanes came in with this storm. It covered anything that was there. Have to wait for another storm. I wait for this but do not wish the damage on anyone! I had my share with Charlie. We did clean up during 2004. We found gold, diamonds and artifacts! Hope this helps. Nothing here yet!
Lorrie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread