no action after the tropical storm ?? did fay deliver any goodies ?

Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
just got back from vaca. been following the ts fay storm on the water channel about a week. couldnt get on t net a few motels the wifi was bogus for the last few stops.now that ive unpacked some and taken care of a few things i decided to tune in for some happy chat happy dance GREAT FINDS pics.after the storm. dont see it here.they were showin pics of massive beach erosion on tv. whatsa matta. no goodies to find?

Upvote 0

miket

Jun 3, 2008
florida west coast
Detector(s) used
whites beach hunter 300
Hunted for 3 days from a beach park @ US192/A1A all up to COCOA BEACH PIER many hours each day and came out with about 4 bucks in clad....There were many people out detecting everywhere I went. The beaches were pretty clean of trash except for the beach at COCOA PIER..it was full of cigarette butts and bottle caps..looked terrible.. :'( ..........:tongue3:

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I fell for the Weather Channel showing of severe beach erosion in St. Augustine Beach. Went there, normal beach, high surf, no significant finds. One very fine silver anklet. One Speed Racer Mobile. 2 Nickels and a really good sand blasting.

OP
OP
scrounger d detector collector
Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
DaChief said:
I fell for the Weather Channel showing of severe beach erosion in St. Augustine Beach. Went there, normal beach, high surf, no significant finds. One very fine silver anklet. One Speed Racer Mobile. 2 Nickels and a really good sand blasting.
yeah chief now that u mention it,i guess st augustine is where they were showing. twc makes their money on sensational pics and will go anywhere to get them. also ive noticed them sneaking in more and more previous [and higher damage] footage if the current storm isnt active enough. with a very quick mention of heres what happened here before or some such and show long clips of.when i was in indiana once there was some minor flooding and they came out near my hotel. they were nearly standing on there heads to shoot the fooding from severe angles to make it look worse than it was.i dont watch them much anymore but the wifi was bum the last place i stayed. another thing they spun off their good local radars and local conditions to a local twc version and almost no cable systems carry this.so when on vaca now they almost useless in my opinion.im gonna dig out my old weather radio to take along for places with no wifi. well this is turning into a rant which would belong someplace else.so enuf.sorry we both got fooled. hope u didnt drive too far or go to big expense >:(.HH

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep. I was disappointed but also happy for the folks that live there that it wasn't as bad as shown. I believe the girl doing the shoot must have found the only cut in the beach wherever she was. There was a lot of flooding though inland, especially in parking lots of Apartment Complexes and Condos.

If anybody got any help from the storm on finds, they aren't telling. I almost went south to the treasure beaches but after not seeing anything really significant coming across the net about erosion, I chose not to.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I visited the Sebastian museum and they told me some finds were made. MDers everywhere. Maybe a hundred. :o One guy found 5 cobs including a nice 8. I saw a 1/2 reale and a silver button. Myself, skunked. I hunted hard from sun-up til after dark for 2 days. All I have to show is a piece of eyeballed shipwreck wood lol. ;D Some nice cuts.

Attachments

• treasure beach cuts28-24-08 014.jpg
    treasure beach cuts28-24-08 014.jpg
    454 KB · Views: 148
  • treasure beach cuts28-24-08 014.jpg
    treasure beach cuts28-24-08 014.jpg
    454 KB · Views: 155

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread