Florida Mammal Fossil Hunting!

WildKyle

Greenie
Aug 17, 2018
FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone!

I mentioned sharing some videos in my introduction post, so here's the first I'm sharing with y'all!

My girlfriend Ashley and I went a couple days ago to some Pleistocene aged (1.8 million to 10,000 years ago) sites for mammal and reptile fossils. We found some older Eocene aged sharks teeth as well. Some of the highlights are a partial Tapir jaw section (unfortunately fell apart while extracting), a horse tooth, and some huge alligator teeth!

Last edited:
Upvote 3

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds and nice video. I have been to Rucks Pit looking for fossilized clams with calcite crystals, and other fossils.

OP
OP
W

WildKyle

Greenie
Aug 17, 2018
FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds and nice video. I have been to Rucks Pit looking for fossilized clams with calcite crystals, and other fossils.

Glad you enjoyed it! I am dying to go to Ruck's Pit. I don't know why I haven't yet, I am only a few hours away. We get some calcite clams near where I am as well.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread