austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Life is hard and it's true, it's harder when you're stupid. Don't know if I ever confessed it here, but I'm limpimg, missing two toes and still being laughed at because in 2011 I tried to chase a snake off by shooting behind it(liberals don't kill living things). Thing turned toward me, started striking and then getting closer, I raised my foot, fired a round, the bullet hit a rock, ricocheted up through the boot and hit my foot(below the toes). Well, you can guess the rest. Friends, doctors and now you'all laughed. Never live it down. Just wish a friend had shot me. Be a martyr then instead of a crippled *******. I do have a pretty cane from Mexico though...

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Austin, sometimes things happen...... not like that was what you were "shooting for", so to speak.
Lower than lowlife, is the one who would attempt to make you feel less than, for having happenstance happen!
We all have "things" happen during life. I wish you knew, the folks I know, some of them victims of unsuccessfull suicide attemps, products of abusive parents, etc.... it just goes own and on.......
Do the best you can with what you have. No one can EVER short you or find fault in that! imho!
If they can, please, send them MY way! I got enough work for them, to keep them shut up for a while!

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Austin,

Don't be to hard on yourself....that was just a fluke accident which probably could have happened to anyone under the
same conditions.

Regards + HH

Bill

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Life is hard and it's true, it's harder when you're stupid. Don't know if I ever confessed it here, but I'm limpimg, missing two toes and still being laughed at because in 2011 I tried to chase a snake off by shooting behind it(liberals don't kill living things). Thing turned toward me, started striking and then getting closer, I raised my foot, fired a round, the bullet hit a rock, ricocheted up through the boot and hit my foot(below the toes). Well, you can guess the rest. Friends, doctors and now you'all laughed. Never live it down. Just wish a friend had shot me. Be a martyr then instead of a crippled *******. I do have a pretty cane from Mexico though...

No laughing here Austin, accidents happen...

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I observe accidents happen when your body is in the moment and your mind is somewhere else.

God Bless

Chris

olroy70

Feb 3, 2011
gainesville, tx
Detector(s) used
Garret 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the words of some unknown wise person......"Life is hard.....but it's harder if you're stupid."

John Wayne!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I only hope it was poisonous. Shooting a non poisonous snake is lame.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Story is funny, but hate to think about you living without a couple of toes because of some lousy snake ...

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The story sounds like a premise for a scene in a movie. If it weren't real, it would be a funny gag.

Also, (I guess you missed it) Austin presented it as what appeared to be a bit of self deprecating humor.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope Austin doesn't think less of me for liking his post! A self deprecating humor shows a man sure of himself and his future. Although he told the story as humor, it shows a lot of character and strength to share it with us,,, sorry if my admiration of your post makes you feel bad Austin. ( but I somehow don't think you care what some people think. lol)

Just saying,, I don't think Austin rolled over and showed his belly, it would probably be a mistake to assume subservience here. Might pull back a nub.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Dont worry about things austin,crap happens.Just be glad you didnt get hit in the jimmies.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not the Jimmies!( notice how I put the cap on it?) LOLOL

Last year while nailing off a floor I was telling my workers to be careful with the nailgun, don't walk around with the your finger on the trigger, have a clear area and go fast, be sure. It's always the Same thing. Many of these kids think I am a mother hen and get tired of me telling them to be careful.

Go ahead, Guess,, Really. You won't though so....

One guy said "the gun keeps folding the nail, and shooting sporadically". ? Weird, I try to keep my tools in shape.
I went over, looked at it, no problems, turned it over, pulled bck the safety, making sure to be careful. You know what that impertinent framing gun did? It spit at me!
Nail careened off my glasses, creased my gorgeous forehead, and stuck through the bill of my hat!

I jumped back and fell on the ground(apparently my catlike reflexes have diminished lately). Well everyone thought I bit the dust,, me too. Sooooo as I always have done in the past.. but forgot as I mothered my help, Disconnect from the compressor!!!

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Ive had my accidents dave lol,shot myself through the palm with a 2 1/2 inch air compressed staple gun.Whoops,crap happens back to work.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Control your emotions or someone else will." Words to live by.

Stop the attacks now!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread