Greenie
May 14, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone,

2012 is my first year metal detecting. I grew up artifact hunting and always wanted to get into metal detecting. I love reading everyone's posts and seeing all the unearthed treasures. I am having a blast researching and learning all about the adventure. I've only been detecting for a few months and have found some very cool things. Let's just say I am totally addicted!

photo166.jpg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BS (LOL), what part of Florida are you in? I use to hunt artifacts when I lived in Missouri, moved back to Florida and found out they changed the law here on artifact hunting so I took up detecting because I missed the thrill of the hunt........

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess there's still a few Florida natives left in other parts of the state huh? I'm livin in the 3rd world down here in S.Fl., anyone with any sense has already left. I'm next. Welcome to the forum.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm another Florida Native, born in Tampa, living in Orlando now.....

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not a native but i'm married to one. Pioneers of Dade county actually. I've been in Fl. for 30+ years though give or take a few when I was running wild in my early 20's.

PS- I went to HS in Orlando.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What school?

OP
OP
Black Skull

Black Skull

Greenie
May 14, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've lived in northeast Florida all my life. Family was from Miami. I miss artifact hunting on the Suwannee. Now I metal detect on the coast.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I cant stand it here in SE Florida. I need to get out. The sooner the better. Its good to know there are still some places in Florida that are inhabitable.

Im leaving by August even if I have to live in my Scotty.

If you move to Pioneer Digg, we may be neighbors.

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cant stand it here in SE Florida. I need to get out. The sooner the better. Its good to know there are still some places in Florida that are inhabitable.

Im leaving by August even if I have to live in my Scotty.

If you move to Pioneer Digg, we may be neighbors.
I hope to leave by next spring if i'm lucky. I'm planning on Lake City or somewhere thereabouts. Not heading to Pioneer though, I need some sort of winter or at least a change of seasons anyway.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from another Floridian, Gainesville here....

Ocala, didn't we meet at the great southern shootout about 4 years ago i think you were there with your family, think you won a detector but could be wrong on that part.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I hope to leave by next spring if i'm lucky. I'm planning on Lake City or somewhere thereabouts. Not heading to Pioneer though, I need some sort of winter or at least a change of seasons anyway.
The only thing keeping me here is the Everglades/Big Cypress region. Nothing like it in the world. Pioneer is inland and a few degrees cooler esp at night but I hear ya. Still gets hot but they say it gets even hotter upstate but for not as long..

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ocala, didn't we meet at the great southern shootout about 4 years ago i think you were there with your family, think you won a detector but could be wrong on that part.

nope wasn't me...lol.....just saw this or maybe i already replied...lol.....but we are having a hunt up in north florida in feb. check out the thread in the member hunts section....

ddaddydigger

Jul 30, 2012
NORTH EAST GEORGIA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
12 INCH SPIDER COIL
6X8 SEF EXCELLERATOR COIL
6 INCH DOUBLE D EXCELLERATOR COIL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HELLO BLACK SKULL,WELCOME TO THE THE BEST HOBBY I HAVE TAKEN UP,LIVED IN CENTRAL FLORIDA ALL MY LIFE,WENT FROM A JON BOAT,TO A JEEP AND BASS BOAT,TO A 21 FT.WELLCRAFT CENTER CONSOLE SALTWATER TOY.GOT THROUGH ALL THAT,MY COMPANY MOVED ME TO NORTH EAST GEORGIA,AND NOW RETIRED HERE NEAR GAINESVILLE,GA.JUST GOT BACK FROM ORLANDO,MY TWO DAUGHTERS LIVE THERE,AND TWO DAYS AGO POSTED MY FIND OF A LIFETIME,TITLED" THE ONE I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR".A LITTLE OVER A YEAR INTO METAL DETECTING,AND I MUST SAY I GO FULL TIME AND FULL FORCE,I HAVE MANY GREAT FINDS FROM RELICS TO ARTIFACTS TO JEWELRY.ALSO ADDICTED....D DADDY DIGGER....DONNIE
Hello everyone,

2012 is my first year metal detecting. I grew up artifact hunting and always wanted to get into metal detecting. I love reading everyone's posts and seeing all the unearthed treasures. I am having a blast researching and learning all about the adventure. I've only been detecting for a few months and have found some very cool things. Let's just say I am totally addicted!

View attachment 636447

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Black Skull, welcome from Sarasota! I have been here since 1958, and grew up finding indian artifacts, sharks teeth, metal detecting, working shipwrecks, bottle finding, and I love it all. Been diving the rivers and Gulf and Atlantic since I was in second grade-scuba anyway. My dad was working wrecks and all that before I was born, and had a dive shop in the late 50s, early 60s in Venice, FL. I still do treasure salvage and work the beaches for lost jewelry.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread