Current loop - timeline 8-25 to 9-01-2012

waveheight_8-25to9-01-2012.gif

Upvote 0

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I really like about that "prediction" is the shift in the current direction. Waves aren't near as significant on my area beaches as the shift in current direct. Now if we can get more water volume/force with the added shift in current direction, as it appears we might, that would be a real significant deal because those crosscurrents with increased volume flow will move a lot of sand and cut our beaches up pretty good if they last long enough! :icon_thumright:

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are right bigscoop.... looks like the winds are going to be different from Debs. Hopefully if sand moves this time it will be to our advantage. Looks like Sat before anyone with sense can get in on beaches around me. Flat beaches maybe sooner if there arent a lot of rip tides.

Dew

OP
OP
MadPixelPusher

MadPixelPusher

Oct 25, 2010
Detector(s) used
Surf P.I. Dual Field
Current loop revised - timeline 7am 8-27 to 7am 8-31-2012

Mon-7amtoFri-7am.gif

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just did another tour of the beaches from Ponce Inlet to the Cape and it's not looking good. Beaches are still flat as a pancake and very soft on top. However, that area of beach at the water line and that area in, and just beyond, the "usual" breaker line looks somewhat promising. From what I could tell, a lot of the summer sand buildup in the first trough between the breakers and the first outer sand bar seems to be getting removed and/or displaced, appeared to be a lot of strong northerly currents moving pretty swiftly through here. But those currents are also going to be there for a while even after the storm passes so it may be a while before you can actually see what's up with the trough. As it stands right now, based on what I've seen happening, I'm thinking the waterline area and the beaker line area are going to be my best bets for the next week or so. :dontknow:

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy hunting from beach.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread