Florida Trip

mtbiker

Aug 24, 2006
VA
Detector(s) used
White's XLT & White's PI
Well, the trip to FL didn't produce a lot of finds. Really didn't expect to hunt much, since it was a family matter that took me to FL. Went to a state park and a golf course (no longer in operation). The state park didn't even give up a penny! Should have gone to the "tourist" beaches! The golf course gave up a few things, but the "no-see-ems/sure-feel-ems" got the best of me and I bolted out of there!! The turtle - about the only good thing I found, but not with the XLT!! HH!!!! :D

Attachments

• IMG_2244.JPG
    IMG_2244.JPG
    165.5 KB · Views: 554
  • IMG_2241.JPG
    IMG_2241.JPG
    149.2 KB · Views: 550
Upvote 0
Well, spending time with the family was more important anyways. Many go to Florida thinking of lots of gold and coins and forget its just not that easy. Hope you had a good time otherwise!!

diggummup said:
What state park did you go to?

I went to Ft. Clinch. Of course, you can't hunt the area of the fort :-(

which ft clinch did you go to? there is also a fort clinch close to inglis ,fla...i been there yrs ago...picked up a breastplate and an 1841-0 half dime....i think a house is built over it now though....progress they call it!...lol I didnt think you could hunt any state parks here in fla? big scrub

bigscrub said:
which ft clinch did you go to? there is also a fort clinch close to inglis ,fla...i been there yrs ago...picked up a breastplate and an 1841-0 half dime....i think a house is built over it now though....progress they call it!...lol I didnt think you could hunt any state parks here in fla? big scrub

Ft. Clinch on Amelia Island/Fernandina Beach area.

bigscrub said:
You can hunt the beach areas in state parks here.With permission from the park manager.

diggummup said:
bigscrub said:
You can hunt the beach areas in state parks here.With permission from the park manager.

Yeah...at Ft. Clinch, you can only detect south of the pier.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back