Flower Mound, Tx...

Ocean Oso

Mar 6, 2008
Galveston Island
What part of Lake Grapevine? There are some nice mountain bike trails that have plenty of people hiking them as well on the Flower Mound side of the dam. Also, the boat ramp down there would be a nice place to start.

Ocean Oso

Mar 6, 2008
Galveston Island
Just beside the bathroom is the start of the trail and it is extremely long. Our company did a cleanup there and I found 4 campsites rusted away from about 15 years of sitting. Never know what else was left. Good luck.

baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,

I am in Flower Mound as well and would love to find places as well. I had to get a permit to search Lake Grapevine, but have had no luck. I did see a lady who has found lots of rings and clad there. If you come up with some place other than playgrounds to hunt, I would love to know. Don't know anyone in FM who metal detects. thanks

myelo1023

Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett pinpointer
Jim101 said:
Does anyone know of any good areas around here? I have been to Lake Grapevine, just pop-tops etc... Just looking for some ideas of where to hunt..

Thanks,

Jim

Hey, check out the old public/high school in Grapevine that was present at least as far back as 1921. The current site on good shows a school park where the building were before they moved them over apparenlty. Anyway, could be some really good finds there if it hasn't been pounded already. I have a pic of the Sanborn shot, and the second attachment is the current google location. Good luck if you go and show us your goods! Peace! Myelo

Attachments

• Grapevine school-1921.jpg
    Grapevine school-1921.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 322
  • 1921Grapevine Schools.kml
    1.3 KB · Views: 128

baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Would you believe my child goes to the private school that is located on that property now?? That corner is a playground and they have relocated one of the old schools back to the east side of the property. Thanks so much!! I will have to see if they will let me detect on it...

myelo1023

Jul 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett pinpointer
baylorhall said:
Wow! Would you believe my child goes to the private school that is located on that property now?? That corner is a playground and they have relocated one of the old schools back to the east side of the property. Thanks so much!! I will have to see if they will let me detect on it...

Awesome! Let us know what you find!!! you can even see the outlines of the old building on google. hit the perimeter of those areas hard! Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread