Fluid bed sluice

odmc435

Feb 13, 2024
Im working on a design based on it. I dont have one but im about to print my own design based on the goldibox fluid bed. Why?

OP
OP
L

Lefty2u

Dec 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im working on a design based on it. I dont have one but im about to print my own design based on the goldibox fluid bed. Why?
I am thinking about buying one. I was hoping someone had one
and would give a report on how well it works.
Lefty 2u

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Everybody has "their" own way of running devices. Wither it's soil types or whatever. What works for someone may not be the best for another. This matting can be bought separately from a supplier and a alum.. sluice can be bent up cheap ! MAKE YOUR OWN & save some bucks ! Good Luck on your choice !

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2023
Maryland
Detector(s) used
I have one, but haven't used it yet. It's a yellow and black one from Amazon. Says like 11" but whatever I look for gold.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have watched a couple vids with it as an electric suction dredge, as well as just wedged between rocks in the middle of a creek. It's small and doesn't look fun to use like a sluice, but I guess it's lightweight and it would probably get nuggets, but the small gold has to go bye bye. I mean look how it's being fed in the video on the website. It's like I know people are lazy and want to save time, and every time I classify I get dirty, wet, and need to mix that material around with my hand, but come on.

ShaqFoo

Tenderfoot
Mar 9, 2024
I was looking for backpack capable dredges and one choice the search came up with is the Goldibox. Super lightweight design but I am not sure of how well it works. Anyone used this thing? I am guessing it's fairly new on the market.
I have seen it work a few times. A guy in my prospecting club has two of them. One for him and his teenage son. I've seen the gold they've found with it and I was impressed. The fines it captured were tiny and there were some nice coarse pieces in the mix. He let me use it once and I was surprised with what it can do. We worked hole on shallow bedrock to 2' and it was spotless. I was also surprised at how light the nozzle was - the suction was pretty good. Certainly not as strong as a gas pump but I don't think this is meant to compete with a gas powered dredge. I think it's meant for the prospector that wants to enjoy dredging but doesn't want to carry heavy gear. The website says it allows you to work silently and access more remote places. I think that's the major plus to it. It's really portable and can be used anywhere. Both the dredge part and nozzle are solid and feel durable. I don't understand some of the responses in this thread - they'll say it's bad but have never seen it or used it. And they seem to compare it to a larger dredge. That just seems silly to me. It actually works pretty well. Hope this helps.

ShaqFoo

Tenderfoot
Mar 9, 2024
I have watched a couple vids with it as an electric suction dredge, as well as just wedged between rocks in the middle of a creek. It's small and doesn't look fun to use like a sluice, but I guess it's lightweight and it would probably get nuggets, but the small gold has to go bye bye. I mean look how it's being fed in the video on the website. It's like I know people are lazy and want to save time, and every time I classify I get dirty, wet, and need to mix that material around with my hand, but come on.
I actually got to use one. A guy in my club let me use his for a bit. It actually works pretty good . There are two capture sections. The first part is really good at capturing fine gold. There is a full fluid bed trap on the end and that catches bigger gold. But as far as catching the fines, I have to say, it's pretty darn effective.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread