Follow up Hunting for Warbirds in Florida

Warbirder

May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no question or comment about treasure hunting so if this is out of line I assume a moderator will delete it, no hard feelings. I would like to post an occasional description of a lost Warbird in different sections of Florida, that I believe is still there waiting to be found.
One recent post is about a search group being formed in SW Florida. There is an intact P-39 in the Everglades just south of the Tamiami Trail not too far from Naples. I have made two searches by air and two feeble searches by land (rough country for an old man) and after each search I have learned a little more about possible location.
In the web page that follows there are two pictures to pay special attention to: the first is the hand drawing by Perry Snell viewing the wreck from the air as he remembered it from 1944. The second drawing is his latest thoughts on location of a "U" shaped stream that is within 50 yards of the wreck. The pilot's body was recovered at that time but no way could the plane have been removed with tools available then. I have thought about and dreamed about this Warbird for 13 years and would love to see somebody find it. Bob

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds to me like Your posts have a place here ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread