? for Adena_Man

Adena_man

Feb 5, 2007
Nicholasville, Ky
Hi all,

Thanks for the comments on my avatar. I only wish I could say that it was ancient and that it was mine! It is modern-made. Even though it is modern, I think it is absolutely beautiful! I thought it would make a nice avatar pic. The knapper did an impressive job! I would love to find one even half as nice as that one. Here are some of the others the knapper made.

Thanks for posting!

Attachments

• Big+Sandy1.jpg
    Big+Sandy1.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 262
  • Imperial%20Ross.jpg
    Imperial%20Ross.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 267
  • iweb23.jpg
    iweb23.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 264
  • iweb25.jpg
    iweb25.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 258
  • iweb26.jpg
    iweb26.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 252
  • iweb27.jpg
    iweb27.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 255
  • iweb32.jpg
    iweb32.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 255

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm usually not too keen on modern day points, but those are incredible. I would just love a small arrow, made out of that purple (blades) material for a necklace. Those are so nice.
Thankyou Adena, for taking the time to post, fantastic photography too.

Molly. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
P

pynchinflint

Dec 31, 2007
Bama
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Lord! Even more of them. Those are absolutely stunning. A true master of his craft in my opinion. Thanks much for taking the time to show your gems. :thumbsup:

Billco

Oct 8, 2007
Alabama
Those points are beautiful. There are some similar ones in the Welcome Center at Moundville Achaeological Park near Tuscaloosa - modern also, of course.

Johnny X

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2005
Jerseyville Illinois
Detector(s) used
White's Spec. XLT..... My Eyes
That guy know's his stuff! It good to see people carrying on what could be a lost art.

Beautiful pieces.

StevenX

mikez

Jul 21, 2008
New England
Wow! That is some beautiful art! Obviously the material was carefully selected for more than just utility. Those were meant to look good and boy do they!
I'd love to see a craftsman like that go the extra step and come up with some kind hafting. What a spectacular knife it would make to use one of those points and a basswood or maybe bone handle.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread