For anybody that relic hunts with a Fisher F75...

BamaBill

Nov 8, 2006
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70, AT Pro, Tesoro Tejon, ML X-terra 50
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

ruccello

Jun 19, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1236x2
Bama, I hunt cellar holes and mill sites all the time - deep woods. I don't have a cover, so I wrap a large baggie over my box and tape around it with packing tape. It lasts about 4-5 good hunts before I need to replace it. My box was getting banged up and really dirty with the moist dirt in the woods, especially next to streams and swamps. I also wrap the handle with tape - it's that foam stuff - the tape keeps the dirt from absorbing into the foam. I will never hunt woods again without a cover of some sort. I use a fisher 1236x2, no lcd screen, but the knobs were getting caked in mud and grime, and the plastic on the box is all scratched from briars and rocks etc. Good luck hunting.

Richard

liquid1

Apr 29, 2008
lake norman NC..
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Ace 250, Titan 2000 Xd
I mostly hunt Relics and old farms, woods and such..and have always used the weather cover than was included with the new machine..the screen looks like brand new after 7 months of use...I highly reccomend the stock covers..james

OP
OP
B

BamaBill

Nov 8, 2006
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70, AT Pro, Tesoro Tejon, ML X-terra 50
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I could be being oversensitive about this, just seems that the screen is not much protection and if you just push on it lightly you get the LCD black marks that fade when you let go. This not the kind of screen I would expect for outdoor use.

ReidMan

Jul 16, 2008
Hampton, VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 main, Infinium water, TDI red dirt, 1266x if I feel like digging iron.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Another thing you can that I do to all my screens is go to Walmart and buy the PDA protective covers you cut them to size and they are clear and stick over the display that way nothing will scratch them, when they are messed up pull them off and put a new one on. I also use the rain cover to just in case because I sell all my detectors I don't want someone to get a dinged up unit. Reid

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread