for good conduct

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
Got out to my demo site today for sveral hours,pretty chilly out in the low 40's with a howling wind,perfect day to detect. Dug a good conduct medal of some sort along with a couple bucks in clad. the next picture is todays trash including a nato military switchblade that is beyond repair and some other junk.One of my twins is on the 7th grade football team and they had a game at the old high school. I had about 20 mins before the game and dug a 56 wheat and a little clad,we creamed them,it was 24-0 at the half,the rest of the finds are from over the weekend I got out to a couple of places for an hour here and an hour there 1940 wheat and about 4 bucks in clad,thanks for looking :}

Attachments

• 10-12.jpg
    10-12.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 329
  • trash.jpg
    trash.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 332
  • school.jpg
    school.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 331
  • game.jpg
    game.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 335
  • weekend.jpg
    weekend.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 334
Upvote 0

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What kinf ==d of Good Conduct Medal is it? Looks like an Army GCM

Here are two:

Attachments

• Marine Corps Good Conduct Medal.jpg
    Marine Corps Good Conduct Medal.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 323
  • Good Conduct.jpg
    Good Conduct.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 288
B

Brush Creek

Found Mine in our front yard this spring
I reckon all solders get one for not getting in trouble

Attachments

• Good conmed.jpg
    Good conmed.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 276

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Yes it is a good conduct medal for the Army. Given for each 3 years of service without any bad conduct. However, a commander does have a right to fight you getting one of these every three years. And if you really want it you really have to stay on top of it. It is not automatically given to you, by this I mean a clerk has to fill out some paperwork and your commander sign it. Good clerk..get awards...bad clerk no award LoL.

I have 4 of them awarded.

Congratulations on your finds Shootist. That is pretty awesome to find one of them detecting. Medals are probably something that most soldiers will not part with or put in jeapordy of losing. Also congratulations on your sons team whipping the pads off the other team.

Postalrevnant

snorton750

Jul 28, 2006
Auburn, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic ID
NO no you got it wrong, it's not for doing nothing wrong it's for not getting caught. lolo Got a few of them myself. HH Stan...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread